Account Strategist, Strategic Markets
Weedmaps is looking to add an Account Strategist to work with some of the worldâs fastest-growing advertisers to develop and strengthen client relationships while growing Weedmap’s market share with brands and retailers.
As an Account Strategist, you will leverage analytical, strategic, and relationship-building skills to advise customers on Weedmap’s full suite of advertising and Saas products. Helping our clients adopt and utilize the right mix of products is critical to success in this role. You will be comfortable operating in a fast-paced sales environment and can adapt quickly to change while maintaining a positive attitude. Attention to detail is critical in ensuring sales are administered and appropriately booked.
The impact you’ll make:
- Analyze customersâ marketing objectives and determine which Weedmaps advertising products and SaaS solutions will best achieve outcomes
- Advise Client Partners on upsell opportunities with existing customers (based on performance, new product launches, etc.)
- Advise customers on optimizing their Weedmaps listings and products to drive ROI, leveraging data and analytics.
- Lead ongoing client education for all product lines to support adoption and utilization
- Provide campaign updates to customers
- Support administration and booking of sales to new and existing customers
- Set up clients for ongoing billing and payments
- Maintain the consultative discovery process by understanding how the business currently operates and its pain points
- Translate a clientâs actual or potential ad spend
- Maintain updated contact information for the client and its decision-makers
- Continuously improve client maturity and knowledge on the platform.
- Responsible for leading new WM Business clients through the onboarding program
- Collect and submit accurate time qualitative feedback from clients around opportunities to improve our products and process
- Review all discovery notes before connecting with a new client to ensure you understand their business, its pain points, and its goals for using WM Business
What you’ve accomplished:
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in account management or customer service (online, digital media, or software sales a plus)
- Experience working with ad technology and digital marketing solutions
- Experience working with Salesforce, including creating custom reports and analysis
- Comfort with and ability to operate in an iterative, dynamic, and fast pace environment
- Ease with exercising own judgment and discretion in educating clients and making product recommendations
- Vital planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility), including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings), including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit, and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how itâs regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.âs (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change weâve seen in the past ten years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Businessâ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- INCORRECT: email@example.com
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if the communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance; we appreciate your interest in working with us!