Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
Adblock, Inc. is a small team that serves tens of millions of people worldwide. Our vision is to provide our users with simple, intuitive tools to block distractions, protect their privacy, and put people in control of their internet experience
Our products—AdBlock, Adblock Plus, and AdBlock VPN—have been downloaded hundreds of million times and work in all major web browsers, as well as on macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
Our team has been fully remote since its inception, and we each work from whatever location works best for us. What unites us is a desire to make it easier and safer for our users to browse the web.
As one of our Support Specialists, you’ll provide a valuable service to the millions of people that use Adblock products daily. We strive to solve support issues in a friendly and compassionate way, and you will be our first line of communication with users of all our products. You’ll engage with people via our help desk (Zendesk), product reviews, and other channels to help them troubleshoot technical issues, resolve account problems, and report bugs to our Product and Engineering teams. You’ll also have the opportunity to assist in knowledgebase, blog, and other writing projects, so strong writing skills are a must.
We are looking for an empathetic support person who is excited to help our users solve a wide range of potential issues, from deeply technical problems to basic troubleshooting. You’ll report to our Support Manager and will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects.
This is a full-time coverage position, so while there is flexibility in the schedule, you’ll need to be available during general business hours. You may also occasionally need to collaborate with teammates in Europe (3PM to 7PM CEST).
- At least 3 years of experience providing technical customer support to a wide range of users
- The ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks independently
- A strong desire to deliver the best customer experience possible
- An excellent attitude and sense of ownership over your work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English is required, second languages are a plus)
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Zendesk, Asana, Slack, and/or Notion
- Experience providing technical support for browser extensions, apps, or VPNs
- An interest in ad blocking and internet privacy
- Experience working remotely
What You’ll Do:
- Be a critical member of the team responsible for addressing customer issues quickly via help desk tickets and other channels
- Provide a voice for the user within the Adblock organization, alerting us to issues users are facing and features users are asking for
- Identify technical issues and collaborate with our quality assurance and engineering teams to ensure they get reported, and that users are being communicated with along the way
- Answer questions about Adblock’s multiple products and provide user guidance around best practices in ad blocking and online privacy
Why You’ll Love Adblock, Inc.:
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay. We don’t adjust your salary based on where you live.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage*, 401K matching*, 14 weeks of paid parental leave, and more.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. We meet at least once a year for a week-long offsite.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We encourage our employees to take the time they need for a vacation, to spend time with their families, and to stay healthy by offering at least 28 days of paid leave.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a setup of your choice, based on what you need to work effectively.
*Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available in some countries (including the U.S. and Canada)
We’d Love to Work With You!
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Adblock, Inc. to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a small team and our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please click “Apply for this position” to submit your resume and cover letter on our careers site.