Since our inception more than 7 years ago, we have stamped our mark on the cloud storage industry. Headquartered in NZ, we have more than 175 million users across the globe and more than 70 team members.
We are a people-focused business, one that puts the customer at the centre of every change we make and every innovation we create.
If you have seen our products, you’ll have some idea of the extraordinary work our amazing teams deliver. And if you search online, you’ll see why our team remain dedicated to what they do, and why our product is considered best-in-class. We lead the industry when it comes to security and cryptography and continue to innovate proudly in this space.
We are scaling fast, and in 2019, we launched MEGA for business alongside our individual user plans. With this rapid evolution of our product and service offering, the need to grow our team with exceptional talent is at the top of mind.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer who is looking for a position to truly make their own. You’ll join us with a minimum of 5 years of experience, in the Android Development Sphere, where you’ll have demonstrated and notable achievements & a track record of owning and innovating an app,
You’ll also possess:
- A Tertiary Qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field is preferred
- The ability to influence the design of applications through knowledge and experience
- Knowledgeable of Cloud-based architecture
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Knowledge of common web and application architectures
- Familiar with Google’s Material Design and App quality guidelines
- An excellent eye for detail with excellent communication skills to interface with UI design on the end product is a MUST
- Tech stack requirements include- Kotlin, Java, and Android platform
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Android team, QA and the Software Development Manager, you will take ownership of the entire Android app.
- You will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features based on product requirements
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the app
- Work with designers to implement impressive UX/UI designs.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and easy to read code that is easily transferred.
The work you do will touch millions of our users, and you will be in a team of other talented, hard-working and like-minded people working on cutting edge technologies.
About the team
We have a diverse, fun, and highly intelligent Development, QA and Product Team that works together to create the most innovative products in our sector. We use the latest technologies and top tools to be able to remain agile and meet customer needs. Within our teams, we have people from all over the globe, Syria, Indonesia, Spain, Portugal, Bulgaria, and China, just to name a few! What does this mean? We collaborate with different ideas in mind, for a common goal!
Please note: All interviews carried out through the recruitment process will be done virtually. Upon successful placement, our newest staff members will be onboarded remotely and provided all the equipment necessary to perform their jobs from home, unless we move out of lockdown, to which we’ll resume standard in-office onboarding.
Please note: This role can be carried out remotely, anywhere across the globe that attracts the best talent!