We are a 100% remote and nimble team of ten talented people from around the world. We are 100% self-funded and profitable since day one. We make smart and thoughtful decisions to help us grow at a sustainable pace.
If you’re interested in leading content creation in the WordPress space in a highly autonomous, flexible remote work environment with competitive compensation, apply for our content marketing manager role!
Until now, the founder has largely managed the content himself. As you will be taking over many of his responsibilities, you will be working closely together.
There are two overarching goals for this role: 1) increase organic blog traffic and 2) increase blog revenue from both affiliate partners and our own products.
This is a hands-on position that requires someone who really enjoys digging into the ins and out of what makes our content great. Your job is to make it even better.
- Own the content strategy and content calendar to make sure we’re publishing consistently and in line with our quality standards
- Manage and grow the content team. You’ll have an experienced WordPress technical editor and a team of talented freelance writers to help you create high quality content. Be on the lookout for new writers to add to our team as we expand.
- Orchestrate the creation of content specifically designed to attract links
- Edit and improve content
- Format posts in WordPress
- Create and update our content SOPs
- Carry out competitor analysis
- Reverse engineer top ranking content for our target keywords and plan how we can create better content that outranks it
- Grow the aThemes email list by capturing emails via forms on the blog
- Create content outlines for writers (or review theirs)
- Give feedback to writers to help them improve their craft
- Regularly review existing blog content to ensure it is up to date and competitive compared with the rest of the SERPs
- Perform keyword research
- Monitor the performance of blog post rankings and overall traffic on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- 3+ years of experience in a content manager/marketer role, preferably with an SEO focus
- You know how to get content produced that ranks or earns links in competitive markets
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- You nerd out on keyword data and trends and are excited to build and execute on a data-driven content strategy
- Have experience managing multiple remote freelance writers
- Familiarity and interest in the world of WordPress and online marketing
- Know how to use website analytics and SEO tools like Ahrefs and KWFinder
- Strong research skills
- Extensive experience with keyword research and content production
Nice to haves
- Experience with affiliate marketing
We are ideally looking for someone who can commit 40 hours a week to this role, and 20 at minimum. You can live anywhere in the world, but you must be available on weekdays between our core working hours of 10am-2pm CET (Central European Time) so you can interact with the rest of the team.
Please apply via this link: https://athemes.homerun.co/content-marketing-manager/en