WordPress VIP is part of the Automattic family of innovative brands. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We get to work with customers like Facebook, Salesforce, and Disney and help them create beautiful digital experiences. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive some of the most exciting programs across VIP. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage marketing team where your impact will be significant. We hope you can join us at this exciting stage of company growth!
We’re looking for a Marketing Analyst to operationalize our data, using objective insights to solve problems, and measure the impact and success of marketing initiatives. This role will report into our Head of Growth Marketing, and work closely with GTM, Revenue, and Finance teams. This person will need to act as a strategist and individual contributor to maximize impact as follows:
- Improve marketing analytics through data management and enablement
- Optimize tracking capabilities to deliver a best in class reporting experience
- Evaluate marketing effectiveness and contribute to forecasting growth
- Serve as the point-person for optimizing growth levers across the B2B acquisition funnel.
- Own all aspects of lead funnel analytics and the systems vital to generate them (lead acquisition, influenced pipeline, engagement metrics, attribution, database metrics, web metrics, return on investment).
- Be the expert on overall marketing performance and quantify the impact that campaigns are delivering and where they can be improved.
- Work collaboratively with the various GTM functions and CFO to define and align on key metrics, forecasts, and targets.
- Build and maintain attribution strategy across different platforms, channels, and media; and contribute to forecasting effectiveness including LTV/CAC, and pipe:spend ratios.
- Manage our marketing dashboards and reports alongside Sales Operations and provide key insights to drive our overall strategy
- Partner with leadership to develop and manage our analytics strategy including data hygiene, acquisition and influence analysis (including lead source and attribution reporting), and format of read-out and insight sharing
- Develop a comprehensive story from all the various marketing activities that are happening across channels, regions, products and customer journey stages.
- Effectively communicate analytical results to non-technical team members by explaining the story behind the data and make recommendations to the business based on data insights
Deep expertise in the following areas will be critical for success in this role:
Analytical Skills: Has 5+ years of experience levering SQL, Python, R, or equivalent to drive business analysis.
Marketing Technologies: Has 5+ years of experience with CRM (Salesforce), marketing automation (Pardot/Marketo), and website tracking (Google Analytics) systems.
Sales and Marketing Funnels: Possess a deep understanding of the end-to-end marketing mechanics including campaign creation (email/web/social), lead generation, lead scoring, qualification, distribution, and conversion including closed-loop reporting.
Analytical Capabilities: Master at analyzing data sets including segmentation and data augmentation from 3rd party tools and online sources and continuously optimize and guide the team to make improvements.
Communication: Ability to synthesize and explain technical concepts in easy-to-understand ways with excellent written, oral, and illustrative skills.
Project Management: Can ship cross-functional initiatives with a high standard of communication, collaboration, and impact.
Nice to have: Understanding and knowledge of the WordPress enterprise ecosystem and the CMS and DXP competitors is a plus.
How to apply:
Does this sound interesting? If yes, fill out our application form below. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Please include an answer to the following question in your cover letter:
Describe an example of an analysis you conducted and how it impacted marketing performance.
Applicants who do not submit their cover letter with their answer to this question will not be considered.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Tumblr, Simplenote, Longreads, Day One, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.