Headquarters: West Palm Beach, FL
At Awesome Motive, we help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys by creating market leading software and growth tools.
Over 10 million websites use our software and training videos to grow their traffic, email subscribers, and business revenue.
We are the company behind popular marketing products including OptinMonster, WPForms, MonsterInsights, SeedProd, WP Mail SMTP, RafflePress, TrustPulse, and more. We also run a suite of popular blogs including WPBeginner, the largest free WordPress resource site for beginners.
About the role:
As a Senior Technical Support Specialist within WPForms, you’ll be responsible for supervising a small group of support team members. You’ll work with these team members closely to help guide their professional development, ensure individual and team goals are consistently met/exceeded, and continually reinforce a positive, team-oriented culture.
- You find deep satisfaction in helping others to grow and succeed.
- When unexpected things come up, or you’re under time pressure, you’re eager to rise to the occasion and help your team rise with you.
- You’re an excellent and consistent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks – even if that means having difficult conversations.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You’re a committed life-long learner, and know that you have at least as much to learn from your team as they do from you.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Within your small group (4-6 team members), continually monitoring performance and providing individual feedback.
- Ensuring team members in your group meet or exceed team goals.
- Communicating regularly with other senior support/support leads so everyone is on the same page.
- Assisting with support trainings, including onboarding of new support team members.
- Pre-processing tickets to assess their technical difficulty and provide relevant tips before team members reply.
- Helping the support team to manage fluctuating workloads. This can include tasks such as: taking over challenging or overdue tickets, working the support inbox, providing support on public forums such as WordPress.org.
- Testing bug reports locally, and when confirmed pass them to the development team with detailed instructions.
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for updates and new releases.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video.
- At least 1 year of experience managing a team of 2 or more.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, including a strong ability to show empathy in your writing. We believe communication is critical.
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Talent for taking something complicated and explaining it simply.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
- At least 2 years of experience with WordPress.
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS – you can write HTML and apply styling “from scratch”.
- Proven track record working in a support team for WordPress plugins.
- Experience managing a team remotely.
- Experience using WPForms and/or WP Mail SMTP.
- Experience working with the services WPForms integrates with (Zapier, Mailchimp, Drip, Stripe, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, PHP, etc).
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need, as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
- Personal computer with internet access.
- Work hours of 9am – 5pm ET.
- Ability to participate in video meetings at any times needed during work hours.
- Your previous management experience, including your approach to working with team members.
- Your experience with WordPress, and particularly professional WordPress support.
- A bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Team culture is very important to us, so in addition to your experience and qualifications, please help us to see your personality/get to know who you are.
- Profile links if available (Your website, WordPress.org, GitHub, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!