Experience: Principal Level
Hello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic AWS Architect to join our consulting team. Want to help our client’s build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested in working from home with some of the best talent on the planet? Then keep reading.
You have experience in analyzing existing systems from a security and best practices perspective and proposing recommendations for improvements. Your background will include experience with networking (Windows and Linux) and web hosting and how this translates to the cloud. Your focus will be on Amazon Web Service systems. You’ll have experience with multi-account AWS infrastructure and good governance mechanisms. You will be leading a team in developing a production-grade platform for building, deploying, and running applications for financial services with high-security requirements
Your responsibilities might also include:
- Evaluating architecture alternatives in the DevOps space for trade-offs in performance, maintainability, extensibility, and security
- Designing build, test, and deployment pipelines for hybrid mobile applications and their backing microservices using Jenkins, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Supporting deployment and scaling of packaged applications using Ansible, Packer, AWS CodeDeploy, Auto Scaling Groups, and Elastic Load Balancers
- Working with product and project management to define and refine the backlog of work required to support multiple lines of business migrating to a modern software development and deployment stack
- Coaching and mentoring more junior consultants and client staff on best practices, including performing code review and pairing with them to overcome roadblocks
- Building proof of concept prototypes to demonstrate new platform capabilities
- Working with the customer’s security team to identify and remediate vulnerabilities and data confidentiality issues
- Coordinating with multiple other teams of application developers, quality assurance engineers, and DevOps engineers on best practices and to define requirements for projects
- Writing and editing documentation on how the platform works and how to operate it
Finally, you have a passion for learning. You won’t mind expanding your skill set, and getting some exposure to Azure, third party SaaS solutions and on-prem infrastructure , especially to help understand how these factor into multi-cloud solutions with AWS and Active Directory in the mix.
Having overlap with your team is critical when working in a global remote team. Modus requires all team members to overlap with EST morning hours daily. In addition, reliable high speed internet is a must.
[In reference to requisition 1011]
Things You Might Do
Modus is a fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Give back to the community via open source and blog posts
- Travel and meet great people- as part of our remote-first lifestyle, it’s important that we come together as needed to work together, meet each other in person and have fun together. Please keep that in mind when you apply.
- Teach and be taught: Modus creates active teams that work in internal and external projects together, giving opportunities to stay relevant with the latest technologies and learning from experts worldwide
- Interact directly with internal and external clients to represent Modus and its value
Why Modus Create:
Our Benefits may vary according to the Country you are located in, so please reach out to our recruiter in case you have any questions.
If you live in the USA and you become a full-time employee at our office we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance coverage and 401k
- Comprehensive dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Remote work
- The chance to work side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes? Apply today!
About Modus Create
Modus Create is a digital product agency that accelerates digital transformation. We use high performing small teams, emerging technology, and “new school” product development tools and methods to accelerate business outcomes. We support our clients across four core delivery areas: business and product strategy consulting, customer experience, cloud services, and Agile software delivery.
Driven by a team of world-class talent, we have been recognized by the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies 5 years in a row, the Washington Business Journal list of Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington, DC area two years in a row, and a top company for remote work by FlexJobs. We’re also an official partner to Atlassian, AWS, Cloudflare, GitHub, InVision, Ionic Framework, and Vue.js!
Based on the model of an open source team, Modites work remotely, and are located across the globe. That’s allowed us to hire the best talent in the world, no matter where they live. Our highly collaborative, autonomous, and effective working environment is fueled by a team unified by a love of continuous learning. Our years of thought leadership including books, whitepapers, blog posts, conference and MeetUp talks, demonstrate our commitment to sharing what we’ve learned.
We encourage every Modus employee to do the same. Our company is a platform for the growth of our employees. Through working with our distributed team of experts on challenging projects, every person that joins the Modus team can expect to continue growing and learning every day. This is your chance to be part of building something great.