Statice is a data privacy startup founded in 2018 and headquartered in Berlin. We commercialize data protection and privacy solutions, enabling organizations to derive value from sensitive data while minimizing privacy risks. Our team believes in a data-driven future where the individuals privacy comes first, yet innovation is not hindered. With Statice, organizations of all sizes remove existing barriers to data usage and safeguard their customer privacy by generating privacy-preserving synthetic data that is fast to access and compliant to process. With the recently-announced financing round, Statice is at the onset of a new phase. Learn more at https://www.statice.ai/
We are looking for a backend engineer with a data engineer soul or experience with managing data at scale. Our backend, despite looking like any other backend out there on the outside, has the unique characteristic that it needs to integrate with third-party data platforms and handle considerable amounts of data.
Your main responsibility will be to develop the services we are building on top of our data anonymization core. Those services are available on what we call internally "the platform" and its ultimate goal is to enable companies to implement data agility, that is, fast access to data in a privacy-preserving and compliant way.
The backend is serving a frontend but also other users (e.g. third-party integrations and expert customers).
Important: we’re hiring fully remote only in the EU.
How you can help:
- Develop services for the platform.
- Develop and maintain with the frontend team features such as authorization, authentication, logging, deployment and other transversal features that touch upon the frontend and third-party software.
- Write integrations with third-party software (for example, to pull or push data).
- Develop internal and external-use APIs.
- Conceive new features in collaboration with the frontend, privacy and data science teams.
- Contribute to our data anonymization core.
You will join an international and dedicated 15-person team in a growing startup, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are a diverse team of curious and open-minded people, working from Germany and elsewhere in Europe. We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Our product, privacy research, engineering, and commercial teams work closely together and value the quality of our collaboration. Our employees benefit from:
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Flexible work-schedule
- Self-service learning budget
- Support with relocation & visa application
- 30 days paid holidays
- Work-from-home flexible policy
- Remote-friendly in the EU or work from our beautiful Berlin-SchÃ¶neberg HQ
- German language lessons
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion since March 2020, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Statice is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability nor age.