HeidelbergCement one of the largest construction materials companies worldwide is looking for a Back-End Engineer (.NET) (f/m/d) to build world class mobile and web applications.
You will be involved in a global product team where you can learn and grow with our company as we embark on a digital transformation of our application offerings. You have an opportunity to provide valuable input as we shape and improve our core digital customer offerings over the coming years.
Additional training and coaching is part of the package so if you are passionate about web and mobile technologies and committed to clean code then this is the job for you.
Your next challenge
- You would be working as a back-end engineer in one of our agile cross-functional product teams which provide solutions to our key digital initiatives
- Build performant and well tested back-end services from scratch for our digital platform
- Design and build the (micro)services that retrieve data from our source systems (ERP, data lake) and make the data available near real-time to different client applications
- Depending on your level of experience, you will also contribute to the application architecture of our Digital Stack
- Write clean, testable code and unit tests
- Regularly grow your knowledge by doing pair programming and code reviews
- University degree in computer science (or comparable qualification)
- At least 2 years’ experience in building mid to large software applications
- Very good knowledge of .NET Core or Java
- Good knowledge of development practices such as CI/CD
- It’s beneficial to have a solid understanding of containerized applications
- Versatile in REST and API design (GraphQL experience beneficial)
- Prior experience in agile development environments
- Strong product-focused mindset and honest interest in solving users’ pain points
- Very good English language skills. German language skills would be beneficial
- Ability to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel if required
- Joy in tackling a steep learning-curve personally and professionally
Please indicate in your application from where you are planning to work.
Please attach your references (university, work, etc.) to your application.