Do you like to ship beautiful products loved by millions of users around the world? Join us now to drive the cross-platform deployment of GoodNotes and the development of new collaborations platforms.
You would initially be leading the back-end team of three with an aim to expand the team beyond that. Once you are up to speed, you might have a chance to mentor some other teams: DevOps, data, internal tools.
Our Core Values:
- Users come first
- Build a better product, not just different
- Do less but get more done
- Always be learning
We want to make education and work more efficient and enjoyable, by providing the best digital paper solution possible. We plan to be the go-to tool for all forms of notes.
What you will achieve in this role
- Architect and design scalable solutions that are easy to maintain to allow development of exciting features and more users.
- Hiring and onboarding new team members.
- Implement elegant solutions with clean code.
- Enable communication with the Mobile, Backend, Design and QA teams
- Define and drive the completion of new initiatives and features by removing blockers for the team
- Continuously improve the development practices through research, automation, documentation, and testing
- Share your knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
What you need to be successful
- Excellent problem solving and story-telling skills
- A love of software craftsmanship
- A strong desire of self improvement through blogging and sharing
- Built projects you are proud of, big plus if they are side projects
- Strong sense on the best tools for any task
- Led web and mobile product development from inception to million of users
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Robust software engineering practices, testing and automation have no secrets for you
- Mastery in at least one high level and one low level programming languages. We use Kotlin, but we’re open to any modern language experience.
Less experienced candidate will be considered as Senior Software Engineer, Back-end.
- You’ll receive competitive compensation and meaningful equity along with a chance to make significant contribution to a product people already love.
- Most of our positions are eligible for remote work, provided you have at least 3 hours of overlap with the team in the office every weekday between 10 AM and 6 PM. Please indicate your preference in your application form.
- You’re also welcome to join us in our Hong Kong or London office, we can sponsor visas and support relocations.
- We take care of you and your loved ones with medical insurance and flexible working hours.
- Join our best company tradition, the annual off-site. Check out our pictures from team outings and more on our Instagram.