**We welcome applications from all over Spain**
From creating the toolchain and coding automations used by our developers and cloud engineers, to designing and managing the environments used by our applications, DevOps plays a fundamental role in building and maintaining Avature.
As Backend Software Engineer, you’ll be heavily involved in those tasks, while ensuring clear communication between our infrastructure and delivery teams, enabling collaboration across multiple engineering teams.
Your challenges and objectives:
- Provide the environments where Avature’s applications run.
- Design the deployment and configuration of those applications.
- Ensure fluent communication between the development and IT areas.
- Envision integrations between different internal systems.
- Program complex operations to scale in distributed datacenters around the world.
Your day-to-day activities:
- Develop system tools to automate environment creation and deployments.
- Interact with different virtualization platforms: AWS, KVM, LXD, Docker.
- Build continuous testing by automation and virtualization.
- Design and develop highly distributed systems.
- Perform code reviews, technical analysis of existing code, and refactors to improve code quality.
- Design our configuration management system, deployment platform and its associated processes.
- Design and maintain our CI/CD pipelines.
- Promote best practices in deployments and infrastructure management among various teams.
- Software development skills and methodologies.
- Superior analytical/troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding of operating system concepts.
- Fluency in any structured programming language (preferably Python).
- Knowledge (or willingness to learn) infrastructure management technologies (Puppet, Packer, Terraform, LXD, AWS, KVM, Docker, etc.)
- Experience in product as a service operation is a plus.
- Open source experience or contribution to any Linux/Unix distribution is a plus.
- A fast-paced, energetic, and engaging environment
- Flexible hours.
- Competitive salary, with one review a year.
- Sanitas health coverage.
- Four days a year to attend events related to professional development.
- Internet service expenses.
Due to COVID 19, all Avaturians are working from home for the moment. More information will be provided during the interview process.