Headquarters: Seattle, Wa
Bear Group is a leading web development firm dedicated to building and supporting custom website solutions that businesses can count on. Our approachable team of experts helps navigate custom website projects of every size and complexity. With high standards of integrity guiding us, we seek to understand client pain points, offer our best guidance, and build solutions that mold technology to fit a business.
We’re looking for a motivated individual ready to roll up your sleeves and join our talented team. Work alongside some of the brightest in the web development industry in a fully remote, rewarding and down-to-earth company culture. This is a place where you can thrive.
The DevOps Engineer needs to be self-motivated and able to work independently most of the time, but we have a friendly and capable team to collaborate with along the way. The ideal person is reliable and consistent with a mind for standardizing and streamlining processes, and able to efficiently find the root cause when things don’t go to plan.
The type of work depends on the client, but often includes:
- Execute safe and efficient deployment procedures to QA, staging, and production environments for Bear Group clients
- Collaborate with Team Leads to review and merge code prior to deployments
- Handle escalation support and help troubleshoot and resolve issues that may arise in client’s server environments
- Work directly with all members of the project management team on environment-related items
- Engage with client IT department and technical support for hosting companies
- Support developers with new hire onboarding, local environment setup, and keeping developers unblocked from environment-related issues in their day-to-day coding tasks
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5+ years in a DevOps focused role
- Preference for client service environments such as web development firms, technical support teams, interactive agencies, or graphic design firms
- Independence, enthusiasm, superb communication, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Experience administrating Linux based servers, including Apache and Nginx, ideally with mod-php or php-fpm
- Understanding of web application frameworks, ideally PHP based
- Experience handling complex merges and conflict resolution in git
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Understanding of networking concepts, including DNS, routing, and caching
- Understanding of database concepts and administration
- Familiarity with web hosting platforms such as AWS, Linode, Rackspace, Acquia, Pantheon, Platform.sh
Working at Bear Group
In addition to competitive pay, we provide a range of benefits and resources to our employees, including:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 3 weeks of PTO plus approximately 10 vacation days annually
- 401k with matching
- $1,500 annual education stipend
- Software and home equipment stipend for the tools that you prefer to use
To learn more about us, visit www.beargroup.com. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.