About the Role:
CARSâ Human Resources (HR) department is looking for a Benefits Analyst that will provide top-notch support for our Total Rewards team. Your responsibilities will include administering existing benefits programs, proposing amendments to policies and processes, and executing plan changes. To be successful in this position, you need to collaborate effectively with vendors, cross-functional teams, and management regarding benefit policies and implementing new programs. Preferred candidates will have an excellent understanding of the benefits industry and regulatory compliance. This role requires strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and handle multiple requests simultaneously.
Benefits Analyst Responsibilities:
Administering benefits, leave of absence (LOA), and workersâ compensation processes.
- Reporting benefits plan information to management and team.
- Holding webinars to communicate the details of the benefits program with employees and orientating new employees in terms of benefits.
- Identifying effective and innovative ways to communicate company benefits and assisting with development and implementation of communications materials.
- Providing information to explain changes in benefits to employees and answering employee queries about benefits policies.
- Conducting audits of benefits packages and policies to ensure that the companyâs processes are compliant.
- Generate routine and ad hoc HR reports and deliver to applicable internal/external teams on a weekly and monthly cadence
- Provide ongoing support related to the departmentâs annual programs such as benefit annual enrollment and other cyclical Total Rewards programs.
- Understanding the legal issues with regard to benefits by reading relevant articles, making use of personal networks, and attending workshops with other professionals.
Benefits Analyst Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related.
- 3-7 years of experience in benefits processes and retirement planning.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations with regard to the processing of health and retirement benefits.
- Experience in managing leave of absence, time-off, and workersâ compensation programs.
- In-depth understanding of state and local laws governing leave such as ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, and FMLA to ensure compliance.
- Excellent analytical skills to research and evaluate benefits programs to make informed choices.
- The ability to present information clearly and in a manner that is understandable to managers and employees and to answer questions.
- Solid organizational skills and great attention to detail and quality
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Excellent writing skills for reports and benefits information.
- Experience in Google Workspace (G Suite: Docs, Sheet, Slides) and Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with HRIS (ADP preferred)