When it comes to sales, we believe that our primary job is to help customers solve problems. We have an amazing product that customers love, but we also know that a human touch during the trial process improves the chances of closing a deal. As a Customer Advocate, you will be a member of the Customer Success team. Customer Success is responsible for the entire customer experience, from pre-sales through onboarding and account management, to retention. Your focus will be on pre-sales, where you will help build and execute a process that creates a delightful user experience that leads to more customers signing up for paid accounts.
What You‘ll Do
- Lead qualifying and lead follow-up. Your day to day tasks will include triaging new trials or identified leads and following up on the most interesting ones.
- Help customers run successful trials and guide them to converting to paid users by:
- Solving engineering problems
- Connecting them to the right people to remove hurdles
- Navigating security and procurement questions
- Automate and optimize existing processes by:
- Collaborating with Marketing on the lead conversion process
- Collaborating with Product, Support, and Documentation to improve the self-service onboarding process
- While the focus is on pre-sales, your functions may include post-sales activities such as:
- Renewal of Enterprise annual plans
- Sending out overage invoices
- Upgrading smaller accounts to the Enterprise plan
Things We Are Looking For
- Experience in sales or account management in a technical environment, ideally in the developer tools space. You should be comfortable talking about commercial terms and know how to close deals.
- Engineering skills, ideally with some experience with CI/CD. You should be technical enough to set up and use Buildkite yourself.
- The ability to understand and articulate customers’ engineering needs.
- Curiosity and the desire to improve processes and drive change.
- Flexibility, as you will wear multiple hats.
- You are happy working remotely and are comfortable taking initiative when blocked but you also enjoy being part of a team and collaborating via remote tools such as Zoom and Basecamp.
Timezone: Remote, with overlap with PST & AEST
Hours: Part-time or full time
Role Type: Permanent