What You’ll Do:
- Develop new and grow existing carrier relationships (lead generation, cold calling, and referrals).
- Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner operators, dispatchers and drivers).
- Negotiate price, drive process and improve efficiency.
- Identify issues and work cross-functionally to determine and implement the best solution.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers to secure additional truck capacity and manage existing business agreements.
- Provide exceptional service to carriers and customers.
- Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in the system.
- Support the sales department with timely cost quotations, transit times and availability.
- Resolve ad hoc logistics issues.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelorâs degree preferred.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others.
- Ability to thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task, and work with a sense of urgency.
- Capable of working independently as well as collaboratively across the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven, enthusiastic, resilient, agile and highly motivated.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask.