Headquarters: Fully Remote
Why we want to hire this role now
We started Chameleon after being frustrated at poor user onboarding; whereas a user you had to go watch videos, book a call with sales, or read a bunch of docs to figure stuff out. We wanted to make that process smoother, more interactive, and embedded within the product.
And that’s what we do: we offer a range of products/patterns to help our customers, onboard users, announce features, nudge and prompt, collect feedback etc. Our mission is to help other software teams better enable “self-serve” experiences for their users.
We were early in this “product-led” or “product-first” movement, but as more companies realize the need for software like ours, we’ve seen healthy growth. Our ads budget is growing, as is the sophistication of our inbound marketing stack.
We now need a Demand Generation Manager to join our team to take on this piece of the engine, and scale up our growth through paid channels, while optimizing conversion funnels.
You’ll be a critical member of our growing team (there are five of us full-time in marketing currently) and foundational for our next stage of growth. This role is a great fit if you’re smart, data-driven, rigorous, creative, and hungry, and want to use the strong foundation we have to build an impressive growth machine.
What you will do specifically
Your goal will be to increase ToFu traffic that turns into sign-ups and demos. We work in two-week sprint cycles at Chameleon and each one will differ, but here’s the scope of what you’ll be doing:
- Owning our paid advertising strategy and campaigns; managing budget, improving ad sets, and executing on new ideas and opportunities.
- Running tests to optimize existing channels while exploring new channels and opportunities for acquisition. You will be developing hypotheses and prioritizing opportunities – and later sharing the results in our biweekly marketing reporting meetings.
- Developing landing pages and lead-gen campaigns in collaboration with the wider marketing team to drive web conversion. You’ll tell us what you need to scale e.g. design resources, new tools – and you know what works for long-term success.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on campaign and project performance (incl. creating dashboards)
- Supporting various members of the marketing team; you’ll help promote one-off events as well as support new feature releases with relevant ads
- Finding and engaging freelance talent as necessary (e.g. for animations, videos, assets, etc.)
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
These are just examples of characteristics or experiences that you might have to be a good fit for this role. If you’re unsure, just apply, and allow us the chance to assess – these are guidelines
- 3+ years experience in a Growth team, or fast-moving startup running data-driven, paid campaigns
- Strong understanding of and experience with Facebook Ads, Google Ads (including search and display ads, retargeting, etc.), and LinkedIn Ads.
- Prior ownership/management of minimum $15k / month ads budget
- Data-forward approach; comfortable with doing numerical analysis in Sheets, creating reports in Mixpanel (or similar analytics tool), etc.
- You know when to pump the gas on what’s going well and slam on the brakes when things just aren’t working (it happens!)
- Experience with all parts of a SaaS conversion funnel; SEO, content marketing, landing page building, copywriting, and CRO techniques.
- 1+ years of startup (< 50 employees) experience
- You know how to work cross-functionally to get things done
- Knowledge of the B2B SaaS marketing world, including common and innovative tactics
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You live in a European or Americas timezone (e.g. in etc.)
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Learn more about our team, culture, and vision in our company page.
Chameleons are all different and uniquely beautiful. They change and aren’t required to associate or identify with any specific labels. We welcome the chance to get to know you and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that consists of a variety of backgrounds, cultures, languages, experiences, preferences, and characteristics. That’s what helps us all grow and evolve.