Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~90 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
About the Role
As the first Head of Performance Marketing at Close, you will be responsible for managing and scaling our performance-based customer acquisition channels. Today, these channels include paid, partnerships, affiliates, and email marketing.
You and your team will implement and manage multi-channel marketing campaigns that drive both leads and pipeline. We expect you to test and iterate on generating leads and converting new customers from a wide variety of sources (organic, paid, outbound & inbound, partnership, affiliates) and communicate those results to the leadership team.
Simply put: your job is to uncover, examine, and present all of the opportunities where Close can win new customers in a sustainable way.
You’ll be managing 3-6 individual contributors. You’ll be responsible for effectively leading and inspiring your team. Your depth of knowledge and experience with performance marketing enables you to oversee strategy and leverage the skill sets of our existing team.
You will report to the VP of Marketing. You’ll also work in collaboration with our Head of Content, Ryan Robinson.
- 6+ years of experience working as a performance marketer in B2B SaaS, preferably with experience marketing to broad SMB audiences.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing leadership role.
- An expert at defining audiences and experimenting with a wide variety of marketing channels to produce results, for our team at Close that means generating trials.
- Comfortable modeling and managing efficient spend and able to be highly critical of all marketing resources.
- You’re an expert in SEM and analytical tools for marketers. At Close, this includes Google’s product suite (Analytics, AdSense, Search Console), Ahrefs, Customer.io.
- You’re physically based in the US.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and grow existing performance-based customer acquisition channels.
- Lead a team of 3-6 reports from day one – supporting them in their day-to-day work and their career growth.
- Identify, test, and iterate on a wide variety of customer acquisition campaigns with your team of individual contributors.
- Provide detailed results and recommendations to the leadership team on where the company should deploy its resources to acquire more customers.
- Assist the Sales team by helping them identify and implement new strategies and tactics to achieve better results within our existing channels.
- Watch our most recent culture video featuring our annual team retreat in Italy
- 100% remote company
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break with 2 additional PTO days for every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe’s climate initiative
- Our story and team
- Build a house you want to live in – Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS – Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other – Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom – Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness – Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact – We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration – We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work – During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings!
- Autonomy & Freedom – Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.