Octopus Deploy is one of Australia’s fastest-growing and most successful software companies. Today we help over 150,000 people worldwide to deliver working software to production.
If you have a commitment to excellence, a desire to delight customers, and want to be a member of a fast-growing team, you’ll love this position.
A typical day might include:
- Working with the Octopus Cloud team on projects that will either improve reliability or introduce new features to the Octopus Cloud platform.
- Providing hands-on technical leadership on highly-available, reliable, secure, enterprise-scale infrastructure systems.
- Responsible for network infrastructure, cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes, IaC.
You’ll be great for this if:
- Hands on experience in designing, building, implementing, and maintaining solutions based around Kubernetes in Azure or AWS
- You have a firm grasp of the software trade using any language or toolset but preferably C#.
- You understand distributed systems.
- You are comfortable making good decisions with general concepts like dependency, extensibility, and compatibility.
- You enjoy automating things like builds, tests, deployments, infrastructure, and operational tasks.
- You are able to work independently, motivating yourself to do high-quality work on time, communicating with your teammates when you need help or when you are ready for something new.
- You enjoy collaborating with other people to solve problems, challenging each other to discover the best solution for a problem, using a balance of passion, pragmatism, and empathy.
- You are a results-oriented person, someone who is focused on iteratively delivering valuable things to your customers, someone who willingly changes direction based on clear and transparent business information, and someone who helps others do the same.
- Octopus Deploy experience would be a nice bonus!
You’ll love this role if:
- You are passionate about working with smart people and providing a high-level of service to our customers.
- You automate everything because you understand the importance of repeatability and reducing the time to complete complex tasks.
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment is your bread and butter.
- Containers are your jam. You containerize all the things!
- Not afraid to sink your teeth into and solve complex problems.
- You want to help others grow by sharing your knowledge.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you. Please include a cover letter outlining what you can bring to the role and how Octopus would be a good fit for you.
We are looking for people who live and work in Australia or New Zealand to join our remote-first team. We are currently unable to provide visa sponsorship.