The Corporate Counsel will be part of Celonisâ global Commercial Legal organization and report to the Vice President & AGC, Commercial & Product. The Corporate Counsel will be part of a close-knit team of legal experts all over the world and will take primary responsibility for negotiating key commercial customer transactions globally, with a focus on North America, APAC and Japan. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented legal support throughout the company; will have a strong business sense and have experience working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team focused.
- Draft, review, analyze and negotiate a wide-variety of commercial contracts, including cloud and on-premise subscriptions, nondisclosure license, and professional services agreements.
- Develop and maintain commercial contract templates.
- Consistently anticipate, analyze, communicate, and propose mitigation strategies for potential risks in contractual, regulatory, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Provide training on a variety of topics to sales and other cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement, automation initiatives, reduction of friction and problem solving within areas of legal and compliance.
- Seamlessly partner with business partners within the Celonis organization, including but not limited to Sales, Deal Desk, Finance and Compliance.
- Further Celonisâ business, financial and risk management objectives through diligent, proactive and creative lawyering.
- Law degree from a highly-regarded school
- Active bar membership in relevant jurisdiction
- 3+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including drafting and negotiation experience in relation to Software-as-a-Service agreements
- Ability to accommodate time zone support for transactions in APAC and Japan
- Working knowledge of regulatory matters, including international data protection, corporate compliance and export/trade restrictions
- Ability to think âoutside the boxâ and address complex matters with creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients and work effectively with remote team and management members
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Native or bilingual fluency in English required; business fluency in Japanese would be a significant plus