We are a multi-chain NFT Platform, pushing boundaries on Solana, Ethereum, Polygon, and Bitcoin! Our mission is to be a destination for discovery, self-expression, and ownership across digital cultures. Working at Magic Eden is a chance to dig in deep and to grow. We embrace fear, show up for each other with empathy and care, and embody a build-first culture. We ship first, improve always. Weâre backed by Sequoia, Paradigm, Electric Capital, Lightspeed Ventures and many more.
Our love for NFTs created a deep desire and long-run mission: mass adoption. We want to bring NFTs to peopleâs everyday life and onboard the next billion users to the blockchain. To do that, we want to cover the ecosystem at large, regardless of chains! We believe Magic Eden will be the default destination for creators and collectors on web3.
We’re looking for a Corporate Counsel to assist with risk analysis, product design, and a host of novel issues in crypto and NFT law and who is passionate about the crypto space. This is a real chance to become a thought leader with the support of an amazing cross functional team.
– Advise on securities law matters, and startup corporate governance and financing matters. Review, draft and negotiate related legal documents and contracts.
– Draft and negotiate a variety of legal agreements and contracts related to the company’s business activities.
– Advise on matters related to digital assets and cryptocurrencies.
– Advise on Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, and other regulatory compliance matters.
– Advise on intellectual property law matters, including trademark applications, licensing, and enforcement.
– Advise on tax-related issues.
What you bring:
– 3-6 years of experience as a practicing attorney in the United States
– Experience working in the VC/startup space. Experience working in the crypto space is a bonus.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate legal advice to non-legal stakeholders
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and assess legal risks and develop effective strategies to mitigate those risks
– Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including senior management, product, engineering, and marketing
– Strong work ethic and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving environment
– Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school
Pay & Benefits:
– A fast-paced and collaborative environment
– Competitive compensation and equity options
– Flexible PTO, 7 company holidays and 4 floating holidays
– Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
– Wellness and work from home allowance
– Remote-first company
– 401k plan (in the US)
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. The base salary range for this role is $160,000 – $200,000. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Magic Edenâs equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the companyâs sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Magic Eden
Magic Eden is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Magic Eden believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Magic Eden also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Magic Edenâs commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Franciscoâs Fair Chance Ordinance.
This employer participates in E-Verify.