Blockchain.com is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding attorney to join our fast-growing team as Counsel, Employment & Litigation. You will be the second attorney on our Litigation & Employment team, reporting to our Head of Litigation & Employment and focusing on advising on employment-related matters throughout the world, with a secondary emphasis on helping with general pre-litigation disputes. If you have experience in a busy, fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing, international legal team at a successful company with a startup feel, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Advise on and handle a broad range of employment- and people-related legal issues globally, including but not limited to: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; global mobility issues; employee privacy issues; compensation, benefits, bonus, and equity awards; employment litigation; negotiated exits and settlements.
- Advise on and handle general pre-litigation disputes that affect Blockchain.com.
- Partner closely with internal business partners and other internal teams to proactively address and resolve potential issues and disputes in line with business objectives.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate employment-related and other legal risks.
- Engage outside counsel relationships as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- JD and bar admission in at least one U.S. state.
- At least 2-4 years of experience focusing mainly on employment matters at a large, reputable law firm.
- At least one year of in-house experience in employment law.
- Ability and desire to work with people across many different countries and time zones.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance, and other business units.Â
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).