About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for developing strategic and creative recommendations for a variety of advertising partners. Responsibilities also include working alongside the Strategy Management team to develop new-to-world products, produce cultural and category analyses, and working with editorial teams to create sponsorship packages.
- Collaborate with Sales and Branded Content, Editorial, Video, Talent, Social, Production and Experiential Teams to develop strategic initiatives for blue-chip brands across a variety of categories
- Lead creative brainstorms
- Creation of 8x -12x proposals/week
- Proactively produce new ideas and opportunities to service our audience & clients
- Deliver client-facing presentations alongside Account Directors
- Interface regularly with senior management and liaise with a series of internal stakeholders
- Research on audience, categories and cultural trends to inform Strategy and creative executions
- Provide concise art direction to Design Team members
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of strategy, marketing, editorial or comparable creative experience
- Strong writing and grammar communication skills
- Excellent verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal team and clients.
- Strong Keynote, Powerpoint & Google Slides skills
- Proven project management record
- Well-versed in digital, social media, and experiential marketing
- Strong research skills with the ability to develop insights backed by data
- Extreme attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work in a very fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at a time
- Passion for lifestyle verticals, including fashion, music, sports, gaming, and pop culture.
- A great sense of humor, self-motivation, and the ability to collaborate with a team and work independently.
- Communicates effectively (written + oral)
- Self Aware
- Customer Focus
- Fosters Teamwork
- Manages Change
- Emotional Management
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Forward Thinker
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- Creative/ Out of the Box Thinking
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.