Headquarters: Leipzig, Germany
We would love to be your new team!
Working at Data Virtuality means being part of an international team and thriving. What we offer is remote work from your home, wherever it is. Further, you can expect an unlimited long-term contract with a full-time job, benefits, and genuine team spirit.
At Data Virtuality, you will experience respectful interactions, harmonious teamwork,
without a dog-eat-dog mentality!
What our fantastic team of freelancers worldwide loves about working with Data Virtuality:
- A stable and reliable job with the freedom and flexibility of a freelancer
- Fast and dependable monthly payment – in EUR, USD, Crypto, as you prefer
- Contributing to the success of a growing company
- Developing a groundbreaking data technology and working with cutting-edge technologies
- Knowledgeable and approachable C-Level
- Continuity and growth potential
- Friendly and international colleagues
- Full integration into our teams and invitations for our team events worldwide
- If you want, possibility to relocate to Germany after min. five years of a great collaboration
As a “DevOps Engineer” you will be:
TRANSFORMER – You will help our company with Cloud SaaS transformation by advancing CI/CD processes. You will be responsible to allow new ways of software delivery to customers (e.g. DockerHub, etc.).
CONFIGURATOR – You are responsible for the setup and the configuration of Clustering and Load Balancing. You will manage AWS, Azure and GCP environments. Your range of activities will also include configuring and maintaining the internal hardware and software infrastructure based on Linux and Windows Stacks.
ENHANCER – You are the driver for increasing our overall team productiveness by automating manual processes in the internal and external development systems.
SMART. HANDS-ON. MULTI-TALENTED.
Your tech stack:
- Work experience with ELK stack, Graylog, and Grafana
- Knowledge of application servers like WildFly, JBoss, Tomcat
- Knowledge of virtualization and containerization solutions like Docker, Vagrant
- Knowledge and experience with provisioning and automatization tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Knowledge of CI tools like Jenkins
- Experience in development in AWS API programming
- Design patterns and agile software development (Scrum,Kanban)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Certifications in Linux, AWS, DevOps
- Consulting customers on software deployment and configuration (e.g. Load Balancing, Clustering, etc.)
Your personal stack:
- Fluently spoken and written English is a must-have criterion
- Analytical thinking and number-based approach
- Being a team player, but also being able to solve problems independently with an inquiring mindset and an approved self-organized working method
- Generally very good communication and empathic behavior
Our Tech Stack
Backend: J2EE application running in a JBoss/WildFly container to connect to any kind of
data source (relational/NoSQL/cloud based databases, web services, text files, etc.) and to
query data by using SQL. Persistence layers and internal configurations are delegated to
Frontend (Desktop): Desktop Application based on Eclipse RCP
Frontend (Web): several Web applications based on Angular
Operating System: Linux, Microsoft Windows, macOs
Languages: Java 11, C, C++, TypeScript, SQL, XML
Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake,
Microsoft Azure Synapse Analytics, Exasol, Teradata, Vertica, MongoDB, etc.
Others: Web Services, JDBC, ODBC, REST, OData, LDAP
IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse
Framework: Eclipse Rich Client Platform, JUnit, Spring, Hibernate, Angular, JQuery
Application Servers: WildFly, JBoss
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
Development, Building, Versioning tools: Maven, Ant, Git
Dev and CI tools: Jira, FishEye, BitBucket, GitLab, Crucible, Confluence, Jenkins
Virtualization and Containers: Docker, VirtualBox, VMware, Vagrant