Cover Whale was built on a foundation of technology, data, and machine learning analytics to transform the commercial auto segment and bring to market a forward-looking and continuous insurance model. The efficiency driven by Cover Whales technology platform reduces the need for the traditional resource-consuming underwriting process, allowing it to offer instantaneous quotes from multiple carrier partners.
The companys proprietary platform also enables Cover Whale to leverage real time data in great volume. This, coupled with the ability to intervene and instantaneously correct negative driver behavior, will reduce loss ratios and therefore lower the overall cost of insurance.
As a Database Administrator you will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users. We look to hire passionate, highly driven people.
Our company culture is very dynamic and collaborates daily. We care a lot about our users and their experience on our platform. We all leave our egos at the door and arent afraid to be honest and open. We vow by the principle of Work hard, play hard and make sure we do not leave anything on the court. Of course, we love to have a little fun on our Slack channels and joke around when appropriate.
We are always looking for the best of the best, that wants to take on the challenge of disrupting an entire industry by creating a cutting-edge platform
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end users specialised role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- This role can be done remotely or from our offices in New York or Houston
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- We offer a competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation policy