FLOWN helps people work better. We do this by giving our members tools to focus, and tools to recharge their focus.
Our platform offers a holistic approach, based on all the scientific research into what helps us become more productive, creative and fulfilled.
FLOWN is led by successful serial entrepreneur, Alicia Navarro, founder of Skimlinks (acquired by Connexity April 2020), and backed by well-known investors. Read more about our recent raiseÂ here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
FLOWNâs unique offering involves two types of content. These are âLiveâ & âAnytimeâ and focus on two key aspects of working life; focusing and recharging. We are looking for Deep Work Coaches & Facilitators to design, create and lead these sessions, both live and recorded.
Our flagship product – live deep-work sessions called âFlocks.â These utilise scientific processes and deep-work hacks to create a space for remote workers to accomplish their tasks, together. Flocks provide those who often work alone a sense of community, connection and most importantly accountability. These sessions are led by experienced facilitators and we have a wonderfully diverse community of members.
We run Flocks each weekday at a range of times to suit multiple timezones.
Alongside our Flocks, we have a range of on-demand content that helps our members recharge. We are keen to expand this content and deliver a collection of âliveâ recharge content. Do you have something you think you can offer here? Let us know what it is in your cover letter! Think journalling, meditation, breathwork, creativity boosts, movement and more. What unique offering can you bring to FLOWN?
Building our team
We are looking to build a network of charismatic facilitator. Each facilitator will have the gravitas to hold space for a virtual audience of entrepreneurs, academics and other knowledge workers. They require the skills, passion, and confidence to lead audiences through a range of experiences. We are interested in a diverse pool of talent, from various industries and with different styles.
We pay hourly for adhoc/occasional work, but where there is a strong fit (and as we grow) we will look to put creators on monthly retainers.
Here are some of things you may be responsible for:
- Greeting and welcoming members, creating a secular ritual space for business people
- Guiding each group through the ritualised structure, making it feel professional yet special
- Reciting (and eventually perhaps writing) our FLOWN meditations, designed to prepare members for a day of deep work.
- Coordinating break-out rooms for intention setting and reflections.
- Facilitating online deep work sessions (deep dives) – doing your own deep work in the process!
- Hosting live Recharge sessions that rejuvenate, replenish and revitalise members at various points throughout the day
- Writing your own content for Recharge sessions – live and recorded
- Recording video content to be used on FLOWNâs platform
- Running virtual sessions smoothly, weaving multimedia elements in as structured, with limited oversight
- Genuinely helping members become more focused, productive, accountable and creative through FLOWN
- Providing feedback to FLOWN on audience engagement and ideas for content improvement.
We think youâll need the followingÂ experienceÂ in order to succeed in the role:
- Experience using Zoom and other presentation tools
- Including sharing sound, managing chat, breakout rooms and using security tools to manage the call
- Experience presenting to large, live, virtual audiences.
- Experience holding space for others to be themselves and experience our content openly
- A second monitor if you are interested in running Flocks
- Strong and stable wi-fi connection
In addition, here are the coreÂ attributesÂ we think you’ll need to succeed in the role:
- Charismatic presenter – you have the gravitas to command the attention of a virtual audience consisting of entrepreneurs, creatives, developers, and other types of knowledge workers. You understand how to use your voice and body to both engage with audiences and put them at ease. You are able to read from a script in an engaging manner.
- Strong personal brand – you have a personality that our members will be drawn to. You are able to come up with new concepts for break activities, reflections, and intention setting questions that resonate with our community and reflect your personality.
- Tech savvy – you can comfortably, confidently, and independently, operate various tools and multimedia elements whilst facilitating a live session.
- Calm and confident – you can work off a script with a natural ease, and you know when to ad-lib to get the most of a session. You aren’t thrown if things don’t go to plan, and always come across as authentic and poised.
- Passionate about deep work – you’re excited by FLOWN’s mission, have knowledge and expertise in deep work, and can convey this passion and knowledge when hosting an audience.
We want to practice what we preach, and build a company and team that works creatively and productively. Although this is a freelance role, there are still benefits we believe you’ll gain in working with us:
- Scope and influence – you’re supporting a founding team and will be involved in shaping our product, what we do, and how we work.
- A focus on deep work – we exist to support deep work among our members, and believe that the sessions you run and the content you’ll have access to will also help you in developing your own deep working principles.
- A strong team – we are led by a proven CEO & Founder, and the rest of the team is equally highly experienced. We also have a high-calibre of investors with a solid runway.
- Fully dispersed, flexible working – we are a remote-first company, so you can work wherever you like provided it’s quiet and distraction-free. We are looking to build up a small network of facilitators so that we can accommodate different working preferences and timetables.
- FLOWN membership – we will provide all our facilitators with free FLOWN membership, so that they discover first-hand the benefits we are promising our members.