Designlab is looking for our next customer support hire to join our small but extremely capable team and help support our global student and mentor community. In this role your primary responsibility would be to ensure that both our students and mentors have a stellar journey with us. It is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to help make a real difference in the lives of our community. Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!.
We’re a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors and alumni, and we’d like to expand our focus on admissions to hit our next level of scale.
- Have a passion for education, design, and creative work
- Are excited to create “wow” moments for customers
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have demonstrated passion for excellence in providing support to customers
- Are enthusiastic about learning new skills and creative problem-solving
- Possesses a pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
- Have strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Are savvy with computers and technology including helpdesk software
- Are excited about working on the future of education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Provide world class service and support in a variety of areas to both students and mentors
- Professionally and empathetically handle incoming phone and email requests from students and mentors
- Ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Anticipate student and mentor needs and address them in your communication to prevent the need for future contacts
- Contribute towards building our community’s ability to serve themselves
- Serve as an ambassador for the Designlab brand in all communications/interactions
- Own various operational processes that allow for the smooth running of our platform and courses
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the student and mentor experience
- Ability to work remotely with high speed internet access
- 1-2 years of customer service experience (phone and email)
- Working hours will be Central European Time (GMT +1) – you do not have to reside within that timezone but should expect your hours to be as such
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Flexible hours (you set your own schedule)
- Generous paid vacation policy
- Health & dental benefits
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to apply
Apply via our applications page by 18:00 ET on Monday January 11th
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application by the end of Friday January 15th.