Roles and Responsibilities
The DevOps engineer’s roles and responsibilities are a combination of technical and management roles. It is essential to have excellent communication and coordination skills to successfully integrate various functions in a coordinated manner and deliver the responsibilities to ensure uninterrupted service at scale.
Position is remote so applicant should be self motivated and able to work from home. Team communicates via Slack and daily scrums.Core responsibilities include:
- Configuration and ongoing support of GCP infrastructure serving a SaaS application.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Coordination and communication within the team
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the team members
- Monitoring and measuring customer experience and KPIs
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management
Pre-requisite skills required for a DevOps Engineer role include:
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Configuration and managing databases such as PostgreSQL, Mongo, Google Firestore, BigQuery
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services. Kubernetes, CircleCI, Github, and JIRA.
- Experience with Graphana and Prometheus
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Mastery of networking concepts such as NAT, DNS, TLS, IPSEC, L7 Load Balancers, etc. Familiarity with troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, Burp, Postman, gcloud, kubectl, etc.
- Familiarity with multiple scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PHP