Discourse is a global company with a product that is 100% open source. Our team is 76 people and growing. We’re transforming the online community space. Our product powers a substantial segment of successful online communities, with >30,000 Discourse instances globally. We have thousands of paying customers, with a growing number of Fortune 500 companies on our list, alongside many leading players in the fast-growth technology, gaming and blockchain/web3 spaces.
About the job
This position is salary + bonus + equity and is not based on commission.
There will be a paid trial project after making it through the interview stages.
- Hiring, training and mentoring new team members
- Overseeing and directing performance of the sales team
- Setting team objectives and ensuring they are met
- Managing inbound sales leads
- Coordinating pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle
- Consulting with prospects to determine the best solution for their specific needs
- Providing online presentations, product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers
- Responding to customer RFP requests
- Structuring bespoke deals and compiling appropriate contractual paperwork
- Discovering and communicating customer requirements to the engineering and customer success teams
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software or SAAS sales
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of 8-10 people
- Experience defining sales strategy and optimising the sales funnel
- Outstanding leadership, relationship building, and influencing skills.
- A knack for implementing processes, technologies, and solutions for a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills whether it be on the phone, on instant messaging apps, video conferencing, email, or speaking in front of large groups
- An overwhelming level of enthusiasm for building relationships and delivering on promises
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and organized
- Able to make decisions quickly and communicate effectively
- Work well independently and remotely
- Kind to their co-workers
- Highly driven with an execution focus and a strong belief in our mission to make the internet a better place
While not a necessity, prior experience with open source software or community management is an advantage
Our Salary Framework is location and experience based and we’re happy to provide a range up front. We also give every employee a stake in the success of the business, regardless of seniority or role. All full-time employees are eligible to receive equity options in the company as part of our equity incentive program.
Lastly, we believe in having a welcoming workplace where people with diverse backgrounds and cultures can create something great together. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification! Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Make sure to list your location when applying so we can give accurate salary information.