At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen.
As part of the Technology Evolution Team at Olo, you’ll work on transformative cross-cutting projects sponsored by our CTO, with a large focus on scaling our e-commerce platform. Reporting to an Engineering Manager, you’ll be part of a small team that works with product engineering teams to ensure that our systems can scale predictably and reliably, and ushering in changes to our technology stack. This is a hands-on role where you will collaborate on designs and contribute to the implementation. We aim to collaborate well. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the codebase is off limits. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring.
You’ll work with a passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern technologies. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team (and Olo) is remote!
What We’ll Expect From You
- Designing and implementing reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
- Demonstrating broad knowledge of software engineering concepts.
- Supporting the design and development of scalable high-volume distributed systems.
- Researching and proposing new technologies to apply effectively.
- Exhibiting good judgment, seeking out diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions.
- Providing constructive criticism in a way that builds the team’s bench strength.
- Consistently delivering against commitments.
- Improving Olo’s scaling capabilities.
We’ll expect you to have experience with:
- Implementing large scale 24/7 transactional systems
- Sharding of relational databases at the application layer
- Distributed SOA/microservice architectures
- Building resilient, fault-tolerant systems.
- Event-driven systems
Nice to Have Experience
- SQL Server
- C# and F# .NET
- Working with sensitive data (de-identification, data retention, etc.)
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.