Headquarters: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Duke & Duck, an animation studio of ~20 people, is looking for a Business Development Director to join our remote team full time.
We started in 2009 in Washington, D.C. with a simple mission: make beautiful things, tell stories worth telling, and make a difference. And we’ve succeeded! We work with some of the biggest non-profits and brands and (for some reason) they keep coming back for more. Help us find the right partners to propel us forward for the next 13 years! We’re excited to meet you.
As the Business Development Director, you are going to be the primary driver of new sales at Duke & Duck. Working closely with our Co-Founder Alex, you’ll help set the outbound sales strategy and lead the execution of that strategy.
We are looking for someone who genuinely enjoys connecting with people and helping them to solve their problems. This isn’t a good role for someone who is primarily or only interested in making money. But, if you like the idea of working with a small incredible team of kind, creative, and passionate people and making money, this could be the job for you.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Identifying great national and international prospects that match our client profile
- Making outbound calls, and maintaining relationships with prospects via consistent correspondence
- Drafting memos, proposals, pitch decks, and related materials in collaboration with our creative team
- Ensuring a smooth transition from sale to production
- Managing our company sales pipeline to achieve new business targets
- Holding weekly sales planning meetings with leadership
- Working with the marketing team to develop content and drive new client acquisition
- Serving as the internal point of contact for all sales related inquiries and needs
More than any specific set of skills and experiences, we’re looking for someone with a service mentality who genuinely wants to help our clients tell their stories, and to leave the world a better place than you found it.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7-10 years of professional experience in business development or account management, ideally within an agency, consulting, or video production firm.
- A proven passion for solving problems and achieving goals.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and relationship-building skills.
- Clear, concise and engaging business writing skills.
- Comfort with a high volume of client interaction via phone, email, Zoom, or whatever’s next—VR sales calls?
- Discomfort with unanswered emails and unreturned calls.
- Impeccable ethical standards and professionalism.
- Eligibility to work in the USA.
- Experience with Hubspot CRM and Apollo.io
- A strong network in the advertising industry
The biggest benefit is our chance to do something wonderful together. To be a part of a team making art for a living, and hang out with people who feel the same way you do about telling kick-ass stories and solving problems.
Our official benefits include:
- Fully remote team
- Competitive compensation package (expected OTE: ~$200k)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Opportunity to grow your network and meet awesome people
- Matching donation program to amplify your personal philanthropy