Headquarters: Oxford, United Kingdom
Ellipsis is a world-class SEO Content agency. SEO is winner-takes-all, and we make our clients the winners. We produce SEO Content that achieves top rankings for clients at scale.
As one of our Content Writers, you’ll play an important role in ensuring we continue to produce great SEO Content for our clients that’s delivered on time and gets results.
Our current positioning is focused on the WordPress ecosystem, and we’re about to roll out new positioning entirely focused on delivering world-class SEO Content to technology businesses – we’re already world-class, and our aim is to be the very best at SEO Content in the world.
Ellipsis is a 100% remote team, and we’ve been fully remote since our first day 5 years ago. We lean into the best things about being remote: we balance collaboration, “Deep Work”, regular team retreats, and we put a lot of work into a supporting and inclusive culture where everyone can do the best work of their careers.
We’re distributed across the world, but our core collaboration hours are GMT/UTC-based. We often meet up with colleagues for team meetups and conferences.
Our SEO Content work is branded as Content Growth, and clients engage us to produce a set number of posts each month on retainer based on an SEO Content strategy we formulate for them, which is focused on bringing them impressive results.
With Content Growth, we take care of everything end-to-end, from high-level SEO strategy, keyword selection (which is powered by our proprietary FALCON AI), content briefs, content production, publication, promotion and link building, rank tracking, and troubleshooting SEO queries. Our Content team leads these projects and takes care of the content production, and our SEO team takes care of the SEO requirements.
Ellipsis is growing quickly. We do outstanding work and are building something special. It’s an exciting time to join us.
How you’ll work
As our new Content Writer, you’ll work on creating content for Content Growth clients. You’ll work across a range of clients, products, and industries to write world-class content. You will be joining a small but growing team of writers who work alongside our team of three Content Managers, Graphic Designer, and will report to our Head of Content.
You’ll create engaging content that supports our clients’ conversion goals. Most of our content is SEO-driven. We’ll provide you with SEO-focused outlines, and need you to turn them into outstanding blog content.
We believe technology can help us create better work and better outcomes for our clients. We’ve used AI in our content process since our inception in 2018. We continue to use AI, including GPT-4, in our content process.
But – in a world where anyone can generate outputs with ChatGPT, we see an opportunity to build on this and create significantly better content than the competition.
Concretely, this means you’ll be working with AI to make the basics easier for you, and you’ll take this base and use your expertise and experience to elevate the content to a consistently high standard. You will need to feel comfortable working with AI as a tool in the writing process, but you will still be given the opportunity to flex your creativity and writing skills throughout.
The majority of our content work is about WordPress, WooCommerce, and other SaaS topics.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work. You’ll communicate with the team through Basecamp, our project management software, and Google Meet. We’re located in Europe and require 2 hours of overlap with GMT each day.
You’ll be a part of our content team, who will provide you with editorial support, training, and detailed content outlines. You’ll then have “deep work” time to create these articles, to deliver either to Google Docs or straight onto our clients’ WordPress. Published posts will be either bylined or ghostwritten on behalf of the client.
You’ll have opportunities to be involved across the content process, but your primary work will be writing articles, and you’ll need to be happy writing content at a volume of ~six posts per week.
The content we produce is typically a mix of:
- WordPress and WooCommerce plugin tutorials (developer or non-developer level)
- Editorial content and/or case studies
- Listicles such as top 10 WordPress plugin lists
- SEO-focused edits to existing content
Requirements: hard skills
- 2-4 years writing and editing experience, either on a team or freelance
- Excellent writing, grammar, and attention to detail
- Ability to take SaaS topics and turn them into compelling, user-friendly content
- Working SEO knowledge
- Knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce
Requirements: soft skills
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly, and easily.
- High level of self-awareness, a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with members of the team on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative, and see projects through to completion
Compensation and benefits:
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. You’ll be a full team member, and involved in our team projects, work, and meetups
- Competitive salary with pension benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience.
- £28-30k/year salary, depending on experience
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (to fun places! ~1 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2023
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least three interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply 🙂
We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we look forward to receiving your application!
How to apply
Please apply through Workable: https://apply.workable.com/getellipsis/. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, see who we are, what we do, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Whilst we love technology and sit at the leading edge of its adoption (we automate hundreds of thousands of actions a month internally), we want to hear from you rather than from ChatGPT.
We will be screening applications for AI-generated content and will automatically disqualify AI-generated applications.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, on 11th August 2023. We’ll be in touch with all candidates, following the close of applications.