Role Title:Engineering Manager
Reports to: Head of Engineering
Location: Hybrid working environment (Remote and Paddington, London)
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
How do we say our name, well it sounds like ‘view’. It’s also a lot shorter than saying ‘Viewed Impressions for Out Of Home’.
VIOOH is a fast-growing startup that is defining the future of out-of-home advertising.
We are a dynamic team building a global platform which automates the buying and selling of outdoor advertising, enables programmatic trading and delivers dynamic, data-driven content to screens in locations and moments to better resonate with and influence consumers.
We’ve recently redesigned our people strategy to create a future-proof, hybrid and flexible workplace approach. Employees can work in the office (Paddington, London) and work from home, empowering all VIOOHers to thrive regardless of location and ensuring we can attract diverse talent to support our global expansion.
VIOOH is looking for a proactive Engineering Manager with extensive engineering experience and proven leadership skills. You can expect to work on multiple projects in addition to building and managing diverse teams of engineering from different disciplines, formulate and execute strategies and work with other technology managers to coordinate delivery of projects.
What we’ll expect from you
- Developing team members through goals, appraisals, 1:1s, mentoring and coaching
- Making delivery focused decisions to ensure we meet our commitments
- Create a culture of freedom and responsibility for the engineering teams
- Drive engineering excellence across the engineering teams by supporting modern software engineering practices
- Encourage community-based discussions around the adoption of new technologies and workflows
- Determining the requirement for training and talent development
- Recruitment, induction and team building
- Working with the business and answering technical questions
What we want from you
- Strong background in Software Engineering
- Demonstrable experience of growing and motivating teams
- Ability to work under pressure in a range of situations
- Expert understanding of Agile methodologies
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
You will have great communication skills, and aptitude for risk management and a working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines and how they relate to one another.
You will enjoy taking responsibility and problem solving while always looking for improvements or methodologies to stop the same issues occurring in the future.
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.