Come work on engineering problems at scale that benefit all of our lives!! PayIt’s platform has helped over 80 million US citizens. We make things like paying a parking ticket, getting a driver’s license renewed, or paying property taxes quick, mobile, and efficient.
We’re coming off of another record year! We’re a funded company, in scale-up mode, and our growth is fueling our hiring. We expect to do a lot of hiring this year.
We are currently hiring an Engineering Manager for our Data and Analytics Function.
Our tech stack is cutting-edge and cloud-native. We use modern languages, leverage functional programming, and build REST-based microservices on top of SQL and NoSQL databases. Our services run in docker containers and are orchestrated by Kubernetes. In fact, we were an early Kubernetes adopted and got a shout-out at the keynote of KubeCon 2020 for our K8’s journey.
We work at the intersection of GovTech of FinTech by providing a modern tech experience for the everyday citizen. If you are interested in solving problems around performance, security, modularity, configurability, and/or accessibility while working with large cloud-based data sets, come change the future of Government Technology with PayIt.
What You’ll Likely Have Much Of:
- Experience architecting and implementing business intelligence, reporting, and data analytics solutions.
- Experience building on public clouds like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Database architecture, cloud data storage, and aggregation experience – Snowflake, Databricks, etc
- Expertise in Python & SQL. Strong knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB) and other databases is strongly preferred.
- Experience with reporting tools – QuickSight, Domo, Tableau
- Experience building reconciliation systems that compare and validate data from two sources
- Knowledge of different platforms as well as SOAP, RESTful and web-based integrations
- Strong leadership skills. 1-3 years of people management experience.
- Project lead experience. Able to evaluate end-to-end requirements spanning software, hardware, and infrastructure
- Desire to lead project planning with strong project management skills. Ability to schedule/assign tasks/estimate duration/completion times
- Solid knowledge of software development and product ship cycles with experience having worked in agile, extreme programming, rapid prototype development, and/or SCRUM environments
- Knowledge of project management tools such as Jira with Portfolio, and SCCS tools such as GitHub or Bitbucket
- Experienced using Draw.io or Lucidchart, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or their Google Docs equivalents.
- Strong understanding of building and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience developing REST-based web applications.
- Experience with CI/CD with knowledge of tools and techniques to deploy products for continuous integration with the rollout and fallback procedures
- Experience using bug tracking systems such as Jira or Bugzilla
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems, developing real-time payments systems, and/or working with financial, accounting, or payments systems.
- Experience architecting data lakes and data warehouses.
- Knowledge of microservices architectures.
Why Work For Us:
- Our most important resource is our people. We value your feedback and have a unique environment where collaboration and bottom-up feedback about the problems we are solving is critical to our daily success.
- Saving someone’s day is a rewarding way to spend yours. We tackle complex challenges that are interesting to solve, and directly impact the lives of our neighbors, friends, and ourselves.
- We know how to have fun and work toward something bigger than ourselves.
- Competitive salaries along with an excellent benefits package.
- Flexible and friendly work environment. We’ve allowed flexible work long before the pandemic force other companies to adapt.
- We believe our culture permeates throughout our product and service, so it’s one of customer-first.
- We’ll provide all the resources you need to do your best work.
What We Care About:
High aptitude, high integrity people who are great communicators and want to be part of a growing team. We’re about openness, integrity, accessibility, and great communication.
The usability of our products, sharing of ideas across teams, and commitment to the cities, counties, and states we serve are values.
NOTE: U.S. Citizens and all those authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.