Our mission at Oura is to empower every person to own their inner potential. Our award-winning products help our global community gain a deeper knowledge of their readiness, activity, and sleep quality by using their Oura Ring and its connected app. By providing daily insights and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people understand and improve their health.
For us, empowering the world starts with living our values and empowering our team. As a quickly growing company focused on helping people live healthier and happier lives, we work to promote work-life balance and ensure that our team members have what they need to do their best work — both in and out of the office.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead and grow our eCommerce team. We are a team of 6 frontend, full-stack, and backend engineers distributed across the US. Our team is passionate about building a best-in-class online shopping platform to reach our customers in 100+ countries. We are dedicated to providing premium customer service across the eCommerce platform and Oura services. The ideal candidate is equally comfortable brainstorming with cross-functional stakeholders as they are defining a technical platform strategy. They will help set best practice for the team and coach and guide engineers through their career.
- Hire, coach, grow and retain a strong and healthy team of engineers
- Partner closely with the eCommerce Product Manager to build a robust roadmap and technical strategy for the eCommerce platform
- Be comfortable attending and explaining tradeoffs in cross-functional discussions to ensure on-time, on budget delivery of the eCommerce roadmap
- Ensure that the platform adheres to the latest security and compliance regulations
- Provide technical leadership to the team – while you may no longer write code, you’re still deeply technical and able to provide guidance on architecture and implementation
- Work with other engineering leaders to promote best practice and a culture of continuous improvement across the organization
We would love to have you on our team if you have:
- 5+ years of practical full stack development work experience
- Several years working in an engineering management role
- Architected, built and deployed web services in production, and can apply architectural patterns and best practices
- Experience with modern web technologies such as React, GraphQL, AWS Services.
- Experience implementing data tracking solutions (such as Google Tag Manager, Segment) and ensuring quality and accuracy
- Experience implementing A/B testing platforms and building a culture of ongoing experimentation
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
- A pragmatic entrepreneurial attitude and delivery-focused mindset: you can handle tradeoffs between short-term goals and long-term tech debt
- A team-oriented mindset and enjoy working in a diverse environment with distributed teams
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and are continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers
Oura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Individuals seeking employment at Oura are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.