Our work in education is aimed at ensuring that every student — not just a lucky few — can get an education that’s tailored to their individual needs and supports every aspect of their development. An example of our work is our partnership with Summit Learning — a personalized approach to education developed by Summit Public Schools in partnership with learning scientists, researchers, and academics. With Summit Learning, students gain the skills, knowledge and habits to succeed in college and enter adulthood with a clear vision for achieving purpose and wellbeing in life. The Summit Learning Program packages together technology and data, curricula, professional development and ongoing support.
The Engineering Manager will lead a product engineering team on the Learning Platform. The Learning Platform is the technology that delivers key components of the Summit Learning Program to school leaders, teachers, and students. These key components include self-directed learning, project-based learning, math units/concepts and mentoring.
Our product engineering teams are responsible for building core features on the Learning Platform. Some examples of such features are:
- Projects that are personalized for students to build and demonstrate cognitive skills.
- Students work through content and assessments at their own pace.
- Teachers use differentiation to help students learn.
- Students work with teacher mentors to develop a growth mindset, emotional intelligence, and self-directed learning skills.
- School leaders, district leaders, and other staff support implementation and teachers’ professional development.
- Support release and adoption of curriculum by schools.
We are focused on making our product efficient to use, driving effective teaching and learning behaviors, and ultimately increasing student outcomes.
This manager will lead a team of four to six engineers focused on developing new product features and enhancing user experience in our core product surface areas. They will partner closely with product managers, designers, user experience researchers, data scientists, data engineers, product specialists and our pedagogical partners to gather requirements, build high quality features that are scalable and reliable, and promote and implement best practices while developing and nurturing their team.
- Manage and lead a team of full stack engineers focused on building product features that are at the core of teacher-student instructional and learning practice
- Help to establish engineering culture and best practices
- Recruit and grow the skills of all engineers, at all levels, and establish a productive and inclusive team culture
- Ensure the team’s ability to collect and synthesize project requirements, create effective roadmaps, and ship high-quality products
- Managed an engineering team responsible for development of core features of a modern web application
- Ability to hold your own in technical conversations, contribute to software design decisions, and support engineers in growing both their skills and their careers
- Worked with an interdisciplinary team to develop product requirements and deliver software solutions