Thycotic and Centrify, both leaders in privileged access management, are now merging to create the most extensive platform in the identity security market, bringing together complementary product capabilities, best-in-class technology, and unmatched expertise to better enable, and protect the modern, hybrid enterprise. ThycoticCentrify will benefit from a shared commitment to innovation, strengthening of clients’ cyber defense, and to assemble leading cybersecurity talent. Privileged access management, one of the fastest-growing areas in cybersecurity today, is expected to double from $2.2B to $5.4B by 2025 according to KuppingerCole. Organizations struggle to keep up with the complexity of protecting the ever-growing number of privileged accounts created by the business requirements to move more infrastructure and services into the cloud. This cloud-centric business transformation has created more opportunities for cyber-attackers and driven a greater need for better control and compliance around these types of accounts. Backed by the financial strength of TPG Capital, the combined company brings together complementary product capabilities, best-in-class technology, and unmatched expertise to better enable and protect the modern, hybrid enterprise in an environment defined by ever-increasing, identity-based cyber-attacks. Position Summary ThycoticCentrify is looking for an Engineering Systems Administrator to own, maintain, and enhance our complex Engineering lab and environments. This position will report to Director, Software Development and will be based in the Washington, DC headquarters. Remote candidates may be considered.
- Build and maintain several complex Engineering environments that replicate the types of software and hardware system configurations our customers use in production.
- Develop a deep understanding of the ThycoticCentrify product suite and its configuration dependent features, to correlate to the configurations and deployment priorities of the lab.
- Document lab configuration for lab management and usage by the Engineering teams.
- Act as a technical resource for R&D to help install, configure, manage and troubleshoot integrations as well as aid understanding of lower-level networking and protocols.
- Track Azure/AWS resources and costs for the non-production cloud environments.
- Learn the configurations and deployment process for the non-production Kubernetes clusters and assist Operations as needed for these non-production resources.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Information Systems Engineering, or a related field.
- Passion for quickly learning new or unfamiliar technology and products.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Windows Server and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with one or more cloud computing platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with infrastructure automation and infrastructure as code tools (Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform). Terraform preferred.
- Deep understanding of DNS: root servers, TLDs, query/response, caching, TTL and record types.
- Deep understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI) and hands-on experience working with certificate authorities (CA).
- Experience with implementing or troubleshooting enterprise level networks.
- Strong knowledge of network design: architecture, IP addressing/subnetting, LANs, WANs, WLANS, and VLANs.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases, including Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, and Postgres.
- Experience with load balancing and traffic management solutions.
- Experience with virtualization technology; VMWare and Hyper-V strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and practices, including continuous deployment, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and desired state configuration.
- Experience with container repositories and package managers (Docker Hub, Artifact Hub, Chocolatey, Helm Charts, Homebrew, etc.).
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Azure Pipelines preferred.
- Experience managing and deploying to container ecosystems: Docker, Docker Swarm, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with federated identity management and configuring service/identity providers.
- Experience with federated identity management protocols: SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, and SCIM.
Why Work at ThycoticCentrify? We’re passionate problem-solvers doing our part to make the world a safer place. We invest in people who are smart, self-motivated and collaborative. What we offer in return is meaningful work, a culture of innovation and great career progression! We take care of our employees. We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits.