Headquarters: El Segundo, California, United States
eSalon is an LA-based beauty brand that creates custom home hair color from scratch. We’ve won Best Home Hair Color by Allure Magazine 8X, and crafted over 310,000 unique color variations so far.
We are hiring Licensed Cosmetologists who are fluent in English and Spanish to join our Customer Service Team. This is not a traditional salon job. eSalon offers the best of both worlds; a creative outlet to help clients achieve their hair color goals and the stability of a 40 hour per week schedule.
As a Bilingual Colorist for eSalon, you will offer consultations, create custom formulations and provide tips and tricks to help our English and Spanish speaking client base achieve salon quality results in the comfort of their own home. Custom color kits then get shipped out directly to the client from our Production Facility in Los Angeles. This is a fully remote position, so fast internet and a work from home set up is required. You will report to the US Colorist Manager.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- 80% of your time will be providing hair color consultations and customer service in a call center environment via phone or email in English and Spanish
- 20% of your time will be overseeing and creating hair color formulations via the computer
- Match clients’ desired hair color and expectations to encourage repeat orders and/or rebooking
- Proactively build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues to ensure best customer outcome
- Demonstrate critical thinking by fully analyzing clients’ objectives and concerns and providing appropriate solutions
- Be a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Show openness to new ideas; listen to others and objectively consider other ideas and opinions
- Collaborate with other departments and seek further advice and guidance when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Current valid Cosmetology License
- In depth understanding of color formulation and theory
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with good grammar in English and Spanish
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, flexible and energetic
- Aptitude for selling and cross-selling
- Ability to follow directions
- Must be available for a full time, 40 hour per week schedule. Once training is complete, the shift is Monday – Friday, 8AM-5PM PST.
- Reliable set up to work remotely, including strong internet connection
- $20 / Hour
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401K Plan
- 15 days of Paid Time Off + 12 company holidays
- Casual work environment
- Complimentary color services and products
- Authentic work / life balance
- Fully remote position