Join our global team of 300+ craftspeople! We are a consultancy that solves business problems by designing and building highly complex custom software for the world’s leading companies. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Experienced Java Engineer you will build greenfield and brownfield, scalable web platforms. You will create and review pull requests daily and engage with internal teams and directly with clients within an agile environment. You will work in small teams with a product manager, designers and other engineers to help implement features.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a passionate technologist with the discipline to create and finish projects. You have opinions about your favorite open source projects, or perhaps you have contributed to some or started one of your own. You are a communicator. Whether you are raising the flag within an implementation or sharing your favorite playlist in Slack, you will not shy away from letting your voice be heard.
For this role we are only considering applicants within the United States or Canada in order to satisfy security and background check requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Help build scalable enterprise applications in an effort to modernize the technology that runs the energy grid using Java and the Spring framework
- Engage daily with your distributed, remote engineering team
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5 + years of professional experience
- Strong server side development experience utilizing Java
- Strong knowledge of the Spring framework and Spring Boot
- Good understanding of development best practices
- Previous experience building scalable applications is required. Experience with Microservices is a plus
- Strong RDBMS experience (PostgreSQL specific features is a plus) is required
- Messaging experience with technologies like Kafka, Kineses, RabbitMQ, or similar is a must. Kafka is preferred.
- Experience deploying to containerized environments such a Docker is a must. Kubernetes is a strong plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with server side development using 2 or more programming languages such as Typescript, Scala, Python, Go or Rust, in addition to what is required for this role is highly preferred
- Strong hands on experience using Git is required
- Previous remote work experience is required
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams is required
- Previous consulting experience is a strong plus
- Previous experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.