Insomnia Cookies is on a journey to become the most imaginative sweet indulgence brand in the world. As we grow our company and community of Insomniacs, we actively interviewing candidates for our Spring 2024 Internship program!
The Field Marketing and Events Intern will work within the marketing activations team to support, coordinate and manage marketing initiatives for all new store openings. This role will also support marketing events and work on small projects outside of new store openings, where necessary. The Marketing Intern will work under direct supervision of our NSO Marketing Specialist to develop new skillsets and gain workforce experience.
- Work with marketing activations team to develop grand opening strategy, activations and timeline for each new Insomnia Cookies location
- Research new markets to identify community partners, opportunities and potential obstacles or competitors
- Conduct outreach to local businesses and campus organizations, coordinating opening activations or âfirst looksâ with partners
- Order decorations, print collateral and promotional items for each new store opening
- Coordinate entertainment vendors for events and manage vendor relationships
- Develop ideas for ways to enhance new store openings, better engage customers and drive loyalty sign-ups
- Assist with updating and creating spreadsheets of key community contacts and important dates
- Assist with campaign success tracking and recapping of promotions
- Act as a passionate advocate for Insomnia Cookies and attend local events as needed
Required Education & Experience:
- Must be enrolled in a bachelorâs degree program in Marketing, Communications or related marketing field
- Relevant work experience in marketing, graphic design, social media, PR, event/experiential marketing or communications preferred
- Must have availability up to 20 hours/week to work in-person at our Center City office one-two days a week and remote the rest of the week.
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite of products
- Cookie connoisseur a plus
Insomnia Cookies was founded in a college dorm room by then-student, Seth Berkowitz. Fast forward 20 years and so. many. cookies. later, our innovative bakery + delivery concept has become a cult brand known for its rabid following of cookie lovers who crave Insomniaâs warm, delicious delivery all day and late into the night. With an expanding footprint of over 250 stores globally, an experiential, âsweet-easyâ concept as the brandâs flagship in Philadelphia, Pa. (where Insomnia Cookies is headquartered), and a rapidly-growing nationwide shipping and gifting portfolio, Insomnia Cookies is revolutionizing the cookie game by truly "Imagining Whatâs Possible"!