We are looking to add a highly motivated individual to join our Portfolio Operations team. As a Field Operations Lead, you will have end-to-end ownership over the on-the-ground operations for a region of Kasa properties. This will include physical and technical challenges, while also being the face of Kasa on the ground.
In this role, you will report to the Portfolio Operations Manager and work closely with both the Property Operations support team and our Guest Experience team. It takes a special person to oversee this market and we hope you’re excited by the challenge!
This position primarily works a Thursday – Monday with an average of 15-25 hours of work each week.
About the Team
This role is in our Portfolio Operations department. Our mission is to ensure our guests have a seamless in-unit experience. Our team members are located all over the country, have diverse backgrounds, and come from many different industries. Everyone joined Kasa because they are passionate about delivering high-quality standards to ensure that our guests love their experience while staying with Kasa.
Day in the life of a Kasa Field Operations Lead
Like many operations roles, there is no âtypical day’. Your role will involve a wide range of activities tending to the Kasa portfolio in the Durham, NC, area. These activities will be a mixture of recurring property management tasks and activities requiring more urgent attention. A normal day will consist of you utilizing task-tracking tools to ensure routine inspections are done at each property. Managing, prioritizing, and carrying out on-site tasks is crucial for this role. (e.g. stocking supplies, purchasing and installing replacement furnishings, liaising with building staff on maintenance requests)
You will routinely visit the property and assess units in Durham. This includes replacing broken items, coordinating with our housekeeping partner, and searching for potential areas for improvement. You’ll need to take the initiative to identify and execute in-unit improvements while prioritizing against a per/unit budget.
In this market, we plan to add more units in the future, so the willingness to grow your hours over time, or take on increased responsibility would be helpful.
During emergencies, you will be the primary party responsible for providing support for lockouts, last-minute requests, and assisting with other guest issues. As our eyes and ears on the ground, you will also work with our Trust and Safety team to implement on-site security protocols and be present at the property to personally oversee the departure of problematic guests. While you are not ‘on-call 24/7’ for this job, during emergencies you will get a call and if you’re available, we compensate above state requirements to a minimum of 2 hours Overtime, on defined days off or after working hours.
- You have 2+ years of property management experience
- If lacking property management, you should have 2+ years of tech startup operations experience
- You enjoy mobile technology, have worked with it in past roles, and you’re eager to learn new systems and platforms to make you better at your job
- You’re flexible in your schedule and can help with emergencies whenever they arise
- You’re handy with a toolkit and comfortable building boxed furnishings
- You have reliable transportation and are open to traveling to multiple locations as needed
- You’re comfortable lifting items up to 50 pounds
- You can handle stressful situations with a calm and positive demeanor
- 1+ years of hotel experience
- 1+ years of guest service experience
- You pride yourself on your communication and organizational skills
In one year, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Established yourself as a top Portfolio Operations performer by consecutively reaching monthly quantitative goals
- Set a high bar for quality standards within your market through preventative maintenance upkeep and housekeeping collaboration efforts
- Become an invaluable resource to our team, beyond your knowledge of Wellington–specific operations
- Supported successful expansion efforts and critical cross-departmental Kasa projects
- â Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- ð° Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- ð 401(k) plan: As you invest in yourself and your future, Kasa invests in you too: we match 50% of the first 4% of deferred salary.