Headquarters: Scottsdale, AZ
World Class Pay and Benefits
Starting Salary for a Customer Support Engineer at Files.com is $100,000 per year. We offer raises and equity as you grow in the organization.
In-House Training: We will teach you everything you need to know about the Files.com platform to be an effective Customer Support Engineer. And you’ll earn your full rate of pay for all training time.
Amazing Team and Peer Support: Our Customer Support team is one of the most tight-knit groups at the company. Everyone enjoys working together on Zoom every day.
Big Company Benefits: You’ll get full Health/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage (plus 75% of Spouse/Family coverage too), 401(k) with generous matching, 11 Company Holidays per year, and 20 PTO/Vacation days.
Brand New Laptop and $1,000: Upon signing, we’ll send you a brand new Apple laptop as well as $1,000 to outfit the rest of your home office with things like a monitor, webcam, keyboard, and mouse.
100% Remote Opportunity
The Files.com Customer Support team is 100% remote. However, we travel for regular in-person meetings with the team and the entire company to meet and work together face to face. These meetings are in cities around the US, including Scottsdale, Austin, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York City.
In-person events combine work and fun and are designed to make up for the in-person interaction that occurs in an office job.
We are very excited that COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we have fully resumed company travel.
Files.com is an enterprise secure file transfer & automation app with over 6,000 paying business customers, including Target, Canonical, UPS, Leica, DirecTV, GoPro, Marriott, and more.
Files.com was bootstrapped by our founder and has been profitable since its founding in 2010. We recently raised $46.5 million of growth equity from Silicon Valley-based Riverwood Capital to accelerate our growth.
In this role, you will be:
- Responding to customer-initiated interactions such as phone calls and emails (one-on-one communication).
- Identifying software bugs and feature requests, and coordinating with the relevant team for handling.
- Providing after-hours emergency support assistance to customers on a rotating basis with other customer support team members.
- Taking a high-touch approach to support, encouraging frequent interaction with customers and working with them to a full resolution of any issues.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have real world experience deploying those skills.
- You bring a top-notch customer demeanor, including patience, understanding, and empathy.
- You can learn a process and then add to that process. For example, you can learn to use our knowledge base and playbook articles, and then contribute to make them better.
- You are known for being smart and getting things done. When you take on a project, your team knows you will handle it effectively and efficiently.
- You have a general understanding of a SaaS environment, including some experience (not necessarily expertise) with several of the following technologies: web applications, networking, internet communication protocols, APIs and/or programming languages, file integration tools and platforms (e.g., AWS, SharePoint, Zapier), and single sign-on tools (e.g., LDAP, Azure AD, Okta)