Headquarters: New York
Who We Are
At Float, we’re more than just the world’s leading resource planner. We’re a team of people living our best remote work lives. From New York to the UK, Canada to South Africa – our team of Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing and Customer Success work asynchronously to help brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed and Ogilvy better plan and manage their time. Float is self-funded, profitable and growing. If you have experience with asynchronous remote work, align with our values, and are looking to join a team of great folks, we want to hear from you. We get a lot of applications so make sure yours sticks out – here are a few tips from our CEO.
Who We’re Looking For
Our company is in an exciting scale-up phase. Currently our Customer Success team of five all report to the CEO. We’re looking for someone to take on that role as our first Director of Customer Success. You’ll define Customer Success as a key growth driver of the organization.
You bring experience having done just that. You can demonstrate how you’ve led and scaled a team within a SaaS organization. With an entirely inbound lead source and an ACV of $4,500/y, you’re familiar with high, low and no-touch segmentation, having developed practices across all three.
You’re curious by nature. We’re setting out to be a category leader and we know this requires trying new things, running experiments, and investing in new tools and services to support the team.
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default. We have very few meetings (seriously, read here!).
What You’ll Do
You’ll work closely with our CEO to execute our growth strategy. You’ll be measured by your impact to trial to paid conversion, overall customer satisfaction, team growth and retention.
Initiatives that you will lead include:
- Audit, define and optimize the current Customer Success performance metrics, with a focus on CSAT, responsive times, and high-touch conversions
- Team performance, support and coaching, including quarterly check-ins and annual reviews
- Identifying new roles and hiring across our three key regions (US, UK & EMEA, APAC)
- Partner with Marketing and Product to produce internal product educational collateral
- Develop cross-sell and upsell strategies in collaboration with Product and Marketing
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Proven experience managing a Customer Success team in a progressive, growing SaaS organization
- Experience defining and optimizing Customer Success processes and practices with an equivalent customer ACV of $4,500/y
- Demonstrable experience hiring and retaining a Customer Success team in a scale-up phase
- Strong data-driven mindset with experience defining and tracking success metrics
- Solid understanding of key SaaS revenue success metrics including MRR, LTV, ARPA, Churn
- Well versed in lightweight CRM and Deal Management tools including Hubspot and Intercom
We’ve learned a lot already, and from day one you’ll be working with a talented team and have access to our well-documented Customer Success destination in Notion.
What We Offer
The salary for this role is US $147,000.
We have a range of expanding and improving benefits and perks including:
- Home office expense budget
- Co-working expense budget
- Health & Fitness budget
- Make-good exchange rate bonus
- Care for your community budget
We’re a global company so we encourage people of different locations, nationalities, backgrounds and perspectives to apply. For those in the US, we pay 50% of your medical, dental & vision coverage, including partners and children. For those outside of the US, as many of our team are, you will be hired as a contractor.
About Our Process
You can find a lot of useful information about our interview process and what it’s like to join our global team on our Float careers page.
We appreciate and understand the time and energy that goes into crafting a solid job application so we thank you in advance. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide individual feedback during the application stage due to the volume of applications we receive.