About the job
As a Data Scientist at Follow Up Boss, you’ll help answer key questions for the product and business. You’ll collect, explore, and perform quantitative analysis on our data to generate insights and findings for our product and business. You’ll develop and code automated processes to clean and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. You’ll help improve the tooling and technologies we use to gain insights from our data. You’ll collaborate closely with our product and management teams. Ultimately, your work will have direct impact on the value and user experience of our products.
This role is for you if…
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- You have superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- You are based in the United States (or similar time zone)
- You are happy to have direct communication with customers (we are customer driven)
Your qualifications include:
- Self-motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is required.
- Based in the USA, with a quiet home office with fast internet.
- At least 5 years of experience in data analysis.
- Expertise in statistical modeling.
- Experience in a quantitative field.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Experience with visualization tools.
- Support conclusions with a clear, understandable story that
- leverages descriptive statistics, basic inferential statistics, and data visualizations.
- Proficiency in a programming language such as R, Python, or PHP.
- Bonus: Web programming skills, skills integrating data between platforms and systems.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Willingness to ask questions about business objectives and the
- measurement needs and be able to measure objectives & key results.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with product, engineering, and other teams to understand analyze data from all parts of our business.
- Execute deep dive diagnostic, predictive, and
- prescriptive analytics to support data-driven business decision
- You will use data science to help improve adoption and usage of our existing products.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide range of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Develop complex queries and perform extensive programming to
- access, transform, and prepare data for statistical modeling.
- Clearly communicate insights and technical approaches, verbally and in writing, using visualization when appropriate.
- Document analytical methodologies.
30 Day Targets
- Become familiar with our product and dataset
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it.
- Analyze success and value indicators in our customer onboarding process.
- Quantitative analysis of cancellations and predictive red flag metrics.
60 Day Targets
- Craft new useful reports for our internal dashboards.
- Assist product in research for features, such as lead scoring algorithms. Determining workable models for customer value and success.
- Determine best performing template content within our dataset, determine key insights and commonalities from top performers.
90 Day Targets
- Learn how to better integrate key data and metrics into our existing tools and systems for various teams.
- Introduce improvements to our data tooling and pipeline.
- Perform ad-hoc reports as needed by various departments.
Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
We’re a bootstrapped, profitable company started back in April of 2011. We’re a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers and we don’t just claim to be customer-centric – we live it. We’re fully remote and have been since day 1. Here’s a few more reason’s we think you’ll love working here – and be sure to check out our video on how we work:
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary – top 10% in US; for this position the range is $130K – $146K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- Solve challenging problems and put your skills to the test every day.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
Our Employment Package Includes
Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
⚕️ Insurance: Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
Family leave: generous family leave – fully paid!
Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
401(k): With 6% company match!
✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
☕️ Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital and audio – you like, anytime.
Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
☕️ Money each month to spend on caffeine.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Data Scientist? Then we’d love to hear about you!