Headquarters: New York, NY
The Special Projects Manager is an essential cross-departmental role on our growing team. They oversee day-to-day logistics of company events and marketing campaigns, and are the go-to person for any projects in uncharted territories. This person embodies our company values and is committed to fostering a high-performing, anti-racist and inclusive culture of transparency, trust, and collaboration.
The ideal candidate will have experience at a remote company, and be comfortable working closely with startup founders in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity to learn more about building and running a rapidly growing start up.
- Organize, lead, and execute on special company projects such as conferences and virtual or in-person team events
- Oversee day-to-day execution of campaigns across all Forems in collaboration with our marketing team and sponsors
- Propose, develop, and manage company events to foster team camaraderie
- Take on executive and operations projects as directed
- Help develop and carry out DEI initiatives
- Provide daily customer support and manage the DEV Shop (via Shopify and Printful)
- Propose new initiatives and merchandise ideas for all company brands
- Work with interns to track shop inventory and sticker orders, envelopes, stamps,and other supplies as needed
- Ensure all orders are processed in a timely fashion through Printful and in coordination with intern
Skills we’d like to see:
- Extremely organized
- Capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to a variety of people: sponsors, speakers, company founders, volunteers, event staff, etc.
- Event planning and/or production experience
- Awesome with spreadsheets (ideally Airtable)
- Quick on email with excellent writing skills