Headquarters: New York City, New York
About this role:
This role will be supporting our FreeWill team members, reaching out with questions that could be anything from logging in to a Gmail account to understanding our security policies. You will learn and become an expert on all things FreeWill and provide world-class support for all their questions. You’ll learn the ins and outs of our suite of products, IT tech stack, and company policies to help break down complex solutions into simple, user-friendly explanations. You will need to think critically: coming up with creative solutions for team members and alerting stakeholders to important trends while as our team grows.
To be a great fit, you have a track record of solving IT support requests with successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional collaborator, kind and excellent communicator, a great advocate for the voice of the user, and are able to quickly prioritize while staying flexible. You prioritize learning new skills, staying up to date on all company initiatives, and maintaining our internal and external documentation.
This role will report to our support team manager, who reports directly to our director of product.
- This is a full-time, remote position. You’re someone who thrives working autonomously and don’t need much (if any) oversight to get things done.
- We’re looking for someone who can work Monday to Friday, 10am-6pm EST.
- Flexibility: We are growing quickly and this job requires you to stay flexible while continually learning and adapting.
- Passionate about technology: enthusiasm for how it works, how to use it, and everything in between
- A confident communicator who does not hesitate to ask questions, investigate, and share your findings with the team
- Understands and answers all customer support questions with a personable nature, troubleshooting skills, and quick wit
- Educates your team members about products, while independently keeping your own technical know-how up to date
- Increases customer delight through extraordinary customer service
- Demonstrates empathy through verbal and written responses
- Team-oriented and enjoys working with others to find great, out of the box solutions
- Nice to haves: experience working with nonprofit organizations, startup experience, IT support experience
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in customer support, customer experience, or IT support related field
- Good understanding of SaaS business processes
- Experience in high growth startups
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including planning and facilitation of leadership stakeholder discussions and workshops
- Highly proficient with customer support tools (HelpScout, ZenDesk, Halp, Jira Service Desk, Slack, Google Workspace, or equivalent)
- Experience in both consumer and business support
- Experience managing a complex workload and prioritizing in accordance with business priorities
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Nice to haves: experience working with nonprofit organizations, software development, project management
FreeWill has set compensation and a non-negotiation policy for fairness reasons (we don’t think that an individual’s pay should be determined by how comfortable they are negotiating). As a result, we like to be transparent and up front about the compensation. When we make an offer, we provide multiple options so that employees can choose between compensation packages that prioritize salary or stock options. The offers for this role will be between $60,000 and $65,000. We also have historically offered competitive annual raises. The role also comes with the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Commuter benefits
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave for all parents
- Option to work from our new, beautiful NYC office, located in the Financial District
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Regular (virtual) team events
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- $1,000 referral bonuses for growing our FreeWill community
- $1,000 annual professional development budget
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.