Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and iCasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
The Frontend Engineer will work on a small, cross-functional team to develop a one-of-a-kind, native sports betting experience. This role will work with UI/UX and product to implement a revolutionary sportsbook from the ground up. Previous work in the gaming industry is not important but we do expect your work-product to reflect a strong technical background and a dedication to concise, reusable code.
- Demonstrate best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, high-impact, consumer-facing web apps.
- Translate robust business requirements into thoughtfully architected, reusable code.
- Squash bugs to make sure our user experience is unrivaled.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, project managers, ops engineers, QA engineers and various other teams and stakeholders to solve novel problems.
- Communicate clearly and effectively using Github, Slack, Google Docs, ZenHub, and email.
- Interact thoughtfully and professionally with everyone including non-technical colleagues.
- 2-5 years of experience building websites and web apps.
- Developing component-based websites, using React, Vue.js, AngularJS, or a similar JS library or framework.
- Using CSS preprocessors Less or Sass.
- 2-5 years designing responsive websites.
- Utilizing build tools (Webpack, babel, eslint, npm, yarn, etc).
- Writing unit and integration tests with Jasmine, Jest, Mocha or similar tools.
- Using Git or similar version control tools.
- Reviewing product specs and identifying scope.
- Be a self-motivated worker who can break complex tasks into achievable pieces.
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another STEM field
- A passion for sports or betting
- Position may require licensing in applicable states that PI operates. If so, you must qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments