Medal is one of the fastest growing consumer applications in gaming. We have an aggressive roadmap ahead and things move quickly, so you should be incredibly self-driven and have a just-get-stuff-done attitude.
This role is not tied directly to one of our core platforms, but instead is tied to the demands of our platform growth and creators for special projects and features. You’ll iterate quickly and see which features stick. Think building special dashboards, helping out a team that needs extra help to hit a deadline, and being able to identify and deploy fixes for production bugs or performance bottlenecks.
You’ll touch many parts of the stack and work directly with creators and the executive team to ship things. Our stack includes React, React Native, Electron, GCS, AWS, C#, and Java. We don’t expect experience with all of these, but we do expect you to be able to learn quickly and pick up what you need to know. The majority of work will be in React.
You’ll be working with a great distributed engineering team with a history of working with large-scale web applications. Your work will be used by millions of gamers around the world and inspire the next generation of gamers.
You will be working on helping us scale the platform to 100 million users by building features that our creators love.
– Know React: You’ll spend most of your time in React
– Excellent understanding of code performance in production
– Attention to detail: You should enjoy making things look and feel really nice
– Shipped full-stack features or products with many concurrent users
– Be very metric-driven: Everything we do is driven by metrics
– Experience in gaming or being a gamer
– Understanding Discord as a platform really well
– Experience with Google Cloud and/or AWS
– Experience with Electron and/or React Native
– Experience with C# and/or Java
WHAT YOU’LL GET
– Full health and dental benefits;
– Unlimited PTO (4-6 weeks recommended);
– A flexible, laid back office environment;
– All the fun and frolics that come with working at a gaming company.
WHAT YOU’LL HAVE TO DO NOW
We hope to hear from you! When you apply, please make sure to include:
– Links to apps you’ve released/portfolio, and a description of your contributions
– Links to any online profiles (Github, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc)
– A description of your professional experience (resume, LinkedIn profile, cover letter, or similar)
As a heads up, our typical recruitment process is:
– 1-2 phone screening interviews
– Code challenge
– Day of on-site interviews
If you made it all the way here, include *gg* in your note and we will give you a virtual high-five when we talk!