- Help build a platform with a Data-centric, Machine Learning focus
- Varied tech stack – Python, Java, Scala, React, React native, GraphQL
- Melbourne CBD (or Sydney) offices, with work from home option
Ailo Ailo (https://ailo.io/) is a data-powered platform which makes the property management experience extraordinary. Utilising the largest single set of property management data, Ailo’s technology empowers property management professionals to drive growth, improve their performance and increase profits. At Ailo our vision is to use our industry leading data insights and technology to reimagine the property management experience for agencies, landlords and tenants.
As a software engineer, you will be helping deliver the features for our next generation products and platform. You’ll be developing front-end and back-end code, quick prototypes, clean and production-ready solutions, as well as building robust infrastructure. Every day, our cross-functional teams are working collaboratively on building a platform that delivers new data intelligence to rental industry businesses, enabling them to improve customer experience and helping them grow. We’re working with some large and varied data sets, which makes the day-to-day technical challenges really interesting and exciting.
What is Ailo’s tech stack?
- Microservices architecture based on Docker
- Big Data and ML pipelines on Spark, Airflow and Kafka
- React and React-Native front-end
- RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Highly automated AWS Infrastructure
- Full Continuous Integration and Delivery
How you’ll stand out from the crowd:
- You’ll have written code before in a variety of different languages and enjoy learning new ones.
- You’re a data-driven problem solver who really enjoys working with large data-sets, data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design.
- You are focused on code quality, and prefer to follow engineering best practices such as CI/CD, writing unit tests/TDD.
- Your interested in learning more about distributed architectures and microservices.
- You are excited by the challenge of solving real world problems that potentially impact millions of users and the opportunity to improve everyone’s overall experience.
- You’d really enjoy having the opportunity to own the solution and managing a feature from end-to-end.
- You’ll enjoy working closely with the product team, UX designers and data scientists and the broader business to build a product that makes a real difference to our customers and their relationships.
- You’ll enjoy keeping up to date with the latest technologies and bringing new ideas to the team.
What’s in it for you?
- It’s a great place to learn. You’ll work with people who are knowledgeable about great software design patterns and passionate about best practices in software development (and we hope you are too).
- We are nonhierarchical, have a flexible working environment and strive to build a culture that empowers, supports and drives everyone to be their best.
- You’ll be using ML algorithms to provide powerful and meaningful insights to customers.
- We have a culture of continuous feedback and no blame.
- You’ll need to be comfortable giving and receiving feedback as well as sharing your knowledge and experiences with the team.
If this role sounds anything like you please apply here or call Karunya on 0452155992 for a confidential discussion.