SOCi is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the country, ranking in the top tier of Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies in America list for the last 4 years in a row. The builder of an award-winning enterprise SaaS marketing platform, and one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers, SOCi boasts hundreds of the world’s largest brands as its customers, supporting millions of their local locations. The SOCi platform specifically solves complicated marketing and workflow problems for national and global multi-location brands that want to scale and optimize their presence across search, social, reviews, listening, ads, bots, and more. As the largest localized marketing platform in the world, SOCi makes the impossible possible by enabling top brands and their locations to strengthen and scale their digital presence across limitless locations.
Our accolades include:
- Recently closed a Series D investment round of $80 million, led by JMI Equity
- 4x honoree on Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America
- 2x honoree on Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies
- 3x CEO Finalist for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year award
- Winner of the MarTech Breakthrough Award for Best Overall Social Media Management Platform
- #1 Rank by Entrepreneur magazine’s Top Marketing Providers for Franchises, three years in a row
- Front Runner for Gartner award in Reputation Management & Brand Management
- 2021 Honoree on Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers
*** This is a fully remote position; international applicants welcome!
Full Stack Web Developer
- As a member of an Empowered Product Team, you’ll be accountable for deeply understanding the customer’s problem, actively contributing to ideating on the solutions and measuring your impact through the results on our customers, not code written. You and your team will be responsible for creating the functional and technical specs and determining estimates to present to management.
- A Product Team consists of 2 mobs (each mob consists of 3 engineers), an Engineering Manager (EM), a UX designer, and a Product Manager (PM). You’ll be “mob programming” with the other engineers, in real-time over Zoom throughout the day, while ad-hoc collaborating with your EM, UX designer, and PM, as needed.
- This position is fully remote, our teams are distributed across four continents. You’ll be expected to have 6 hours of overlap with your team within the ~6am…~4pm PST (ÃÂ±2) window (varies by team).
- You’ll be deploying incremental slices of progress to production daily or even multiple times throughout the day; the only measure of progress is delivery of customer value to production.
- 7+ years experience in building complex software systems
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming, ability to articulate the pros and cons of inheritance vs composition, discuss common design patterns, their applications and common mistakes when using them.
- Deep understanding of relational database systems (MySQL, Postgres), including normalization (pros, cons), indexing strategies for large databases (100s millions of rows), and query optimization strategies (and common pitfalls).
- Demonstrated track record of being able to balance making the right architectural decisions while moving fast do deliver customer value; can show examples of prior architectures built, articulate the tradeoffs and reasons for them.
- Understanding of modern cloud technologies (AWS, GCP) and ability to use them to solve common technology problems in a simple and quick way.
- Basic understanding of micro-services and service-oriented architectures, and the benefits and tradeoffs of monolith vs SOA, single-tenant vs multi-tenant systems.
- High-level awareness of available ML technologies, ability to recognize their application in solving common business problems.
- High-level awareness of basic visual and user experience principles (recognize obviously ugly and/or unusable experiences), and corresponding CSS skills to remedy them, in partnership with a UX designer.
Why you’ll love it here
- Fully remote, diverse international team
- An extremely talented group of engineers and tech leads to learn from
- Work directly with product and technology executives
- Active career coaching and professional development to keep you growing
- Learning budget (books, online courses)
- Directly see the impact of your work by working closely with customers and help build the fastest-growing mar-tech platform for top brands
What’s SOCi’s culture like?
SOCi stands for Selfless, Overachievers, Customer Centric, and Innovative. We strive to be in service to each other, consider learning as Job #1. We are life-long learners and care to grow the company just as much as we care to grow each other. We obsess over the customer problems such that we can deliver the most valuable solutions to them. We hold each other accountable, are candid in our feedback, and expect you to do the same. It’s okay to make mistakes, it’s not okay to not learn from them. We partner strongly across departments and function, as we know it’ll take a village to succeed. One team, one dream.
SOCi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.