Senior Fullstack Engineer
100% Remote (U.S. based only)
At StyleSeat, our mission is to help people look and feel their best. We are on the path to achieving this mission by being the go-to portal for consumers to discover, book, and pay for beauty and grooming services (hair stylists, colorists, nail artists, estheticians, barbers, etc). We are also the premier solution for all independent professionals in the industry to run and grow their business. We have powered over 120 million appointments booked and $10B in revenue for small businesses and are on the path to much more.
Our leaders are just as involved in the code as they are with mentoring their team to make StyleSeat the very best place to work. We have a strong value-based culture that serves our community, gives every individual ownership and is diverse. Being a Senior Fullstack Engineer – Python / Django / React means: daily releases, clear ownership, constant learning, data driven decision-making, great partnership with product, serving millions of customers everyday. At StyleSeat, we have shared ownership over problems and team members are encouraged to fill gaps and push initiatives to ensure we’re all driving toward success. Every single Engineer makes a huge impact on our Community and the Company’s growth.
About the Role:
The Fullstack Engineer II – Python / Django / React at StyleSeat is responsible for providing technical leadership to the engineering team and steering key decisions. You will build end-to-end features as well as modernize our application written in Python and ReactJS into a more forward thinking approach by using technologies such as Django, React Native, Serverless, and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
You will also engage in system design, technology evaluation, prototyping, implementation of key components, DevOps, and training of team members as we move to a more modular, microservice-based architecture. You’ll be self-directed, a critical thinker and an excellent communicator. While not necessarily a backend or frontend specialist, you should be comfortable working across the entire stack and able to dive in to remove roadblocks wherever necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Write well defined, tested, and readable code
- Collaborate with product managers and designers to develop new features in Python and React
- Working with, upgrading and maintaining frameworks, including Django, Angular, and Celery
- Design and build core parts of the platform to deliver robust backend services
- Lead and assist efforts to migrate to a modular, microservices-based future
- Design and implement interfaces and infrastructure for a large-volume services and APIs
- Conduct code reviews and audits
- Help establish our technical philosophy and engineering culture
What you can bring to the table:
You love to learn so you don’t need to know everything day one, but some relevant background will help you get going quickly:
- 3+ years of experience in a production environment
- Proven understanding of HTML5, CSS & SASS
- Excellent server-side Python development experience
- Excellent RDBMS and SQL experience
- Expertise to offer for complex challenges: system architecture, scaling tactics, tool choices, etc.
- Experience working at “web scale” providing and evolving always-available services to unbounded user communities including experience scaling software as part of a high-growth company
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker
- Strong familiarity with at least one modern web application framework (e.g. Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails (RoR), or similar)
- Understanding of common UI patterns, RESTful APIs, NoSQL, SCRUM/Agile Methodologies, and git
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience